• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Factory Five 33 Hot Rod

Thanks to my great friend, Bob K, we got the body installed today. Finally some room to work. It sure is fun installing bolts for the last time..

P4060002.jpgP4060003.jpgP4060004.jpgP4070005.jpg

Last edited:
I fixed the pictures and added one after the side panels and hood were just set in place. The right door is on but needs final adjustment. Still gets an orange pinstripe at the paint line.

Any glass installation experts out there? I need the front and rear glass installed.

Last edited:
Final mounted all the trunk aluminum, a very minute shift in the body mount will make some rivet holes not align properly especially the sides after the bulb seal is installed. Took damn near a day to get everything aligned again. I had planned on using the insulating material shown in the cockpit but changed my mind so I put it to good use in the trunk. The piece of carpet provided for the three link cover leaves a seam showing so I took some carpet shavings and used Elmers glue (dries clear) to clean up the seams. Overall I like it and no more tinny/echo sounds in the trunk. One tool that has come in handy is a gasket hole punch. Mine is a Mac with a bunch of hole sizes. I use it to punch nice clean holes in the insulation and carpet.
Last but not least I bought an orange shifter ball to match the orange pinstripe I'll be adding to the car. Gotta say I got this from Sickspeed on ebay and it's a very nice piece especially for under 25 bones shipped to my door.

Don't know about the car shows but there's still a boat load of work left. I just opened my third box of insulation/sound mat material, stuff doesn't go very far by the time you hit every nook and cranny.......

Final assembly is a slow go but I try to accomplish something every day. I have to admit I hate wiring and the harness I made for the gauges really isn't working out so every work/play session I do some more clean up under the dash. I've been hesitant to eliminate any wires up to this point but obviously there are several that won't be utilized in my application. I did find though that grinding the bolt heads off the trunk and hood latch bolts make aligning them much easier. I had painted the insides of the engine bay side panels silver but when I installed them they looked terrible so I just went with flat black and I really like the contrast better. Turned my former body cart into a parts bun for the 64 Fairlane. This cart has been a handy accessory and it was free from Kroger to boot.

P4160001.jpgP4160002.jpgP4160003.jpgP4160004.jpg

Back
Top Bottom