• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Factory Five 33 Hot Rod

A couple pics of the seatbelt and trunk hinge covers I made to dress up those openings.

P5160001.jpgP5160002.jpgP5160004.jpg

Thanks Aiki, it's fun to look back at the progress over the last 10 months.

Added the orange stripe, turned out a little more subdued than I thought but it is growing on me. Also glued the upholstery back on the surround piece and the bottom of the seats. Don't know what type of adhesive they used but it did not stick very well. Anyone got any ideas for the headliner? I ordered a larger piece of material so that I could roll the edges around some type of backing to give it a more finished look. I was planning on using aluminum but I'd rather save that to use for the console. I need something light and no more than a 1/4 inch thick

P5170011.jpgP5170012.jpgP5170013.jpgP5170014.jpg

Thanks Aiki, it's fun to look back at the progress over the last 10 months.

Added the orange stripe, turned out a little more subdued than I thought but it is growing on me. Also glued the upholstery back on the surround piece and the bottom of the seats. Don't know what type of adhesive they used but it did not stick very well. Anyone got any ideas for the headliner? I ordered a larger piece of material so that I could roll the edges around some type of backing to give it a more finished look. I was planning on using aluminum but I'd rather save that to use for the console. I need something light and no more than a 1/4 inch thick

View attachment 284675View attachment 284676View attachment 284677View attachment 284678

Thanks 41. Got a new toy to use on Fairlane project yesterday. On sale at Northern plus a 20.00 coupon finally made my decision, now just need a bottle. I got the spool gun also for aluminum, we'll see how it works.

P5180015.jpg

I finally had someone work on the car besides myself. The glass guy came by today and charged me 85.00 to install the glass. Now that I watched I would surely attempt it myself but for the price I couldn't beat it.
I also picked another toy, a 1973 Jeep Commando with 63k original miles. She drives like the Queen Mary, a little terrifying at first but than you get your sea legs and it's not so bad
P5280004.jpg P5280003.jpgP5280001.jpgP5280008.jpgP5280007.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom