• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Eyesight and SHTF

Interesting post OP. It's true that as eyes progress the prescription changes so just ordering several back up pairs from zenni optical ( http://www.zennioptical.com/men ) because they are so cheap isn't a good enough answer for some people. I wonder if you could look at the history of your prescriptions and make an educated guess at what would be needed and order them for storage

Maladies of any sort are going to be detrimental to survival. Diabetes, hearing loss, morbid obesity, cancer, back problems. Without modern agriculture, medical care and facilitative machinery there would be a lot less people alive. Life expectancy in the 1850's was about 47 years. Have seen estimates as high as 90 % mortality in the first 90 days. Have a nice day.

Interesting post OP. It's true that as eyes progress the prescription changes so just ordering several back up pairs from zenni optical ( http://www.zennioptical.com/men ) because they are so cheap isn't a good enough answer for some people. I wonder if you could look at the history of your prescriptions and make an educated guess at what would be needed and order them for storage

Have to admit I went this route.....I ordered several pairs of cheap glasses and stashed them.........the problem with trying to guess what your prescription is going to be is really two fold......1) I would say that 98% of the time you will be wrong in at least one eye if not both and 2) Good luck finding an optometrist that you write you a prescription for something that isn't actually your prescription.......maybe if you knew them well or they were prepping as well, but unlikely.

Fortunately, I am nearsighted.......so if worse comes to worse I can use a scoped rifle to spot and shoot without corrective lenses. The bad news is that if I don't have a scope, I will just have to spray and pray. Traps and snares are are very effective means of getting game, so I have lots of supplies to make many of those.

If you have cataracts get them removed. Vision in both eyes is now 20/25. Still need reading glasses, but distance is great.

The thread is over three years old and the OP never made another post. Hopefully he didn't get blind sided by a bus.

I'm useless without glasses and my last pair were progressives. I figure in SHTF, if I lose or break them, Darwin takes over and I lose.
He's back! D dieselengine9

2018 I weighed 262. I am 205 now and cut meat out 80%.
I went to my ophthalmologist -the one that can operate on our eyes, he said my vision improved. I am 63 and my near sightedness has stayed about the same for 8 years until this year. I have 5 or 6 pairs of glasses. I lose mine and find them 2 or 3 days on the couch or in paper work. So, the memory is going but eyesight improved.

I had cataract surgery this summer for the exact reason being discussed. I went from 20/200 to 20/20. I do have to wear readers if I'm reading small print but I bought 10 pairs of 2.0 readers for a dollar a pair at Dollar Tree.

Back
Top Bottom