• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

EVs are NOT America's future!

Nothing says you're gay quite like driving a foreign hybrid truck. Super gay.
I wish they were still making them in Texas and offering a naturally aspirated V6. But that's over.

Chrysler (Ram) is a not a US company anymore. And Ford is building some Lincolns in China and importing them back to the US. And GM is making some cars in Korea. What's American anymore?

ETA - The obvious answer is Tesla but I'm still not buying one.

I wish they were still making them in Texas and offering a naturally aspirated V6. But that's over.

Chrysler (Ram) is a not a US company anymore. And Ford is building some Lincolns in China and importing them back to the US. And GM is making some cars in Korea. What's American anymore?

ETA - The obvious answer is Tesla but I'm still not buying one.
Thanks for answering your own question.

USA USA USA !!!

Buy american, buy Tesla!

Yeah it's hard to know where a car was made or where the parts come from anymore.

You'll find BMW imports cars here from South Africa, Mercedes-Benz brings in cars from Austria and Audis may come from Slovakia. Of course being assembled here, doesn't always mean a high US content - nothing is 85-95% anymore.

Tesla builds cars in Germany and China now, but they aren't sold here (yet?). Have read their next plant may be in India. I would expect their often discussed, on and off again, $25,000 cheap EV will be imported here from a lower wage country.

If Chinese brands like BYD, Xpeng & Geely start bringing in cheap EVs to the US from Mexico (to avoid the 25% tariff) that will put a lot of price pressure on all EV sellers. It could even force some out. We'll see.....

1713894193063.png
1713894139255.png

1713894302005.png

View attachment 7170953View attachment 7170945

View attachment 7170979

You realize this article is talking about how fast the EV market is growing right? The market is growing so fast those cars were obsolete before they could even be sold.

This just proves EV's are the future.

Back
Top Bottom