• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dumping EVs, returning to gasoline powered vehicles.

zero.png

So let me see if I can figure out what you're trying to say here:

The guy who once warned us not to jump start cars nose to nose because the alternators turning in opposite directions would cancel each other out is telling us that E.V.s are no good. Sorry, but Scotty's knowledge of anything electrical is suspect after that one.

For what it's worth - he said that the alternators "would be working against each other and cause damage to electronics" - suggesting that two alternators running at once would overload the systems on both cars and pop something. I don't think that's a likely scenario either, but not as dumb "spinning in opposite directions".

For what it's worth - he said that the alternators "would be working against each other and cause damage to electronics" - suggesting that two alternators running at once would overload the systems on both cars and pop something. I don't think that's a likely scenario either, but not as dumb "spinning in opposite directions".
I looked up the actual video, and you are correct.

My apologies to Mr. Kilmer and to anyone I mislead.

Article also says EVs make up 1/4 of new car sales. Either poorly written or those Brits are even dumber than I thought.
You ever see what 'petrol' costs in the UK (or the rest of Europe for that matter)? Makes our $3 gas look like a steal. Not surprised they jumped on the EV trend.

Back
Top Bottom