• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Alternatives to FB marketplace?

Seller's can be jerks too.

4 hours into a 5 hour trip to Jacksonville to look at a boat, the seller texted me and said they just sold it.

I had made it clear to them that the only reason I was driving down there was to look at it. If it wasn't available, I wasn't going. They said no problem, "you're the first one to see it"... liars.

You gotta look at it from the Sellard perspective too.
How many dudes probably told the seller they were in their way from another state and then never showed up?
When it comes to selling it is understood that it’s first come first serve.
I’ve been burned by so many buyers that never showed up after waiting around for them all day.

You gotta look at it from the Sellard perspective too.
How many dudes probably told the seller they were in their way from another state and then never showed up?
When it comes to selling it is understood that it’s first come first serve.
I’ve been burned by so many buyers that never showed up after waiting around for them all day.
Yeah, I don't see it that way. Maybe if the buyer wasn't in constant communication with updates on the their location and specific ETA, maybe, but still. I let the boat seller know when I hit the road and when I was about half way there.

I sold a motorhome a few years ago. Potential buyer came down from Kentucky somewhere. It was about an 7 or 8 hour or so drive and they were clear about coming, obviously nervous I would sell it while they were on the road. I told folks that called after my agreement to show it to the Kentucky folks, that I had somebody coming from a long way to see it. If it didn't sell, then the later callers could come look.

The Kentucky folks showed up, looked and bought it.

The lack of honor becoming the norm is irritating.

Back
Top Bottom