• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dumping EVs, returning to gasoline powered vehicles.

UK EV purchases are very much driven by Govt interference. Many fairly new, green and efficient vehicles do not qualify. They also keep changing the very complicated rules, so what qualifies today; may not tomorrow.

Oopsie is right. Those darned E.V.s and their fires. Let's see some more:
1708204838231.png

Oh, shucks, sorry, that's an I.C.E. Ford. Well, here's one for sure:

1708204980796.png

Dang it! That's ANOTHER gasoline powered mini-van. Well, this one's got to be an E.V.:

1708205174904.png

Aw, man, it's ANOTHER gasoline powered car. Well, diesels are better, right?

1708205469151.png

Say it ain't so, Range Rover

1708205644203.png

Well, darned it. I guess E.V.s aren't the only ones that burn.

I guess I'll have to go back to www.tesla-fire.com and look at the 218 reported Tesla fires EVER. And totally forget that there's about 500 car fires PER DAY in America, and never even think that clearly I.C. cars burn a lot more frequently.

I have to reply to this AGAIN? OK:

Except there would be no infrastructure to support getting the fuel out to point of use, so people would be running out of gas all the time. People would laugh at the people who bought these cars because the infrastructure just isn't there. People opposed to ICE cars would frequently point out the gas lines, and would wonder how smart it is to have to rely on a truck to bring fuel to a filling station for your vehicle. They would wonder about how much explosive force is contained in just ONE tanker truck rolling down the hwy at 70mph right next to you. Why not just pipe it straight to the filling station, like, say, electricity? Drivers would be griping about how they can't just plug in the cars at home to charge overnight; they have to go to a store to "fill up the tank", and some of these stores are in bad neighborhoods where you can get robbed or shot while filling up.

There would be people who don't understand the technology who were smoking cigarettes while filing up and burning up the cars and gas stations. People who hated "Infernal Combustion Engines" would be highlighting these fires, and constantly pointing out any crude oil or gasoline spills. Then they would talk about all the evil countries who hate America that supply this fuel to us.

Tesla would point out that ICE cars tend to have about 1 car fire per 19 million miles travelled, whereas Tesla vehicles tend to have about 1 car fire per 210 million miles travelled, making ICE cars about 10 times more likely to have a car fire than an EV. Why would anyone want to ride around in one of those death traps? And the ICE cars would accelerate much more slowly than their EV counterparts, making no one want to buy them.

New technology is always opposed by people more comfortable with the older technology.

Back
Top Bottom