• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dumping EVs, returning to gasoline powered vehicles.

Fantastic news for our neighborhood. RJ still has until 2030 to follow through. Now, what do we do with the $50 million road "improvements" DOT installed and the 2000 acre mudpit RJ left behind?

Isn’t there a huge SK industries factory already there? I delivered some equipment onsite a few years ago and it was a sprawling, massive complex before Rivian was even mentioned. The Rivian site looks to be a small piece of that complex.

Isn’t there a huge SK industries factory already there? I delivered some equipment onsite a few years ago and it was a sprawling, massive complex before Rivian was even mentioned. The Rivian site looks to be a small piece of that complex.
There are several industries on the south side of I-20 in an industrial park called Stanton Springs. Rivian has broken ground on the north side of 20 on a much larger scale.

Any neckbeard or Karen that buys an EV, then decides it really is crap, should have to use rapid transit for a year, before being allowed to own a real vehicle, again. JMHO
I say this about American made vehicles in general.

If EVs were solely market driven, they might be a good thing. However, with the government pushing things, it has as much credibility as that Fanni ho in Atlanta.
I say this about American made vehicles in general. They all got bailouts or loans.

As of 2020:
GM's subsidy - about $50.3 Billion
Fiat-Chrysler subsidy - about $17.6 Billion
Ford took out a loan, as as of 2020 still owed $5.9 Billion, and had about $33 Billion in Subsidies.
Tesla also got a bailout of about $0.4 Billion, and paid it back 9 years early.

To be fair, Tesla is also getting several billion to make their chargers work with everybody's EVs.

Then there's oil:
Exxon Mobile subsidy - about $1.02 Billion
Chevron subsidy - $117 million
Shell oil subsidy - about $1.8 billion

I say remove all the subsidies and let the best vehicle and technology win.

There are several industries on the south side of I-20 in an industrial park called Stanton Springs. Rivian has broken ground on the north side of 20 on a much larger scale.

That Stanton springs place blew me away. I can’t imagine another massive site nearby. That’s a mess.

Gonna be the fastest challenger ever. ICE doesn't stand a chance at making the raw power EV does. It's not even fair.
dodge-charger-daytona-srt-6452e63f94a61.jpg

Back
Top Bottom