• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dumping EVs, returning to gasoline powered vehicles.

Tesla and other EV pushers are lowering prices because nobody is buying what they are selling, and they are still relying on subsidies to entice the ignorant to buy their products. Government subsidies that are needed to convince people to spend their money on a scam is never a good thing... it's a huge red flag.

Yes, demand has slacked off a bit because gas is dropping a little. Also, all the early adopters have bought their EVs and now they have to compete directly with ICE cars since subsidies have gone away.

I agree that there never should have been subsidies for any of this stuff, but there never should have been an income tax in the first place.

The fact is that EVs are competing with ICE head to head these days, and they are still selling well. And unlike ICE cars their costs are dropping, not climbing, which bodes well for their future.

In related news, I saw my second Rivian on the street yesterday.
A hideous baby-**** yellow color.
When you really want to be noticed….

That's weird... although I do think the Rivians are great looking vehicles. But no accounting for taste. Looks at all the battleship grey vehicles you see these days.

Yes, demand has slacked off a bit because gas is dropping a little. Also, all the early adopters have bought their EVs and now they have to compete directly with ICE cars since subsidies have gone away.

I agree that there never should have been subsidies for any of this stuff, but there never should have been an income tax in the first place.

The fact is that EVs are competing with ICE head to head these days, and they are still selling well. And unlike ICE cars their costs are dropping, not climbing, which bodes well for their future.

That's weird... although I do think the Rivians are great looking vehicles. But no accounting for taste. Looks at all the battleship grey vehicles you see these days.
Know that the sales numbers for EVs are the total number of EVs the manufacturers have sold to dealers and most of them still sitting on dealer lots, only a small percentage of the total number EVs 'sold' have actually been retailed to consumers.

Nobody really needs an EV, and few actually want to buy an EV ~ EVs are not the future.

Know that the sales numbers for EVs are the total number of EVs the manufacturers have sold to dealers and most of them still sitting on dealer lots, only a small percentage of the total number EVs 'sold' have actually been retailed to consumers.

Nobody really needs an EV, and few actually want to buy an EV ~ EVs are not the future.
Maybe if they had a healthy exhaust note and a mild burned hydrocarbon exhaust smell.

Man, I get that you don't like EV's. That's cool, it's your choice. But you got any actual data to back this up, or is it just "nah, nah, nah, EVs are EVIL and will NEVER sell!"

After all, the most prolific EV company (Tesla) doesn't even HAVE dealerships, so there's probably not many of them sitting on those ghost lots. And the Cyber Truck, love it or hate it, has a waiting list.

My quick internet research indicates Tesla had sold 3 million cars as of October 2022, and through August of 2023, sold about 1 million more. 3 Million from 2008 to 2022, and then 1 Million in the first 8 months of 2023; that's not exactly a downward trend.

And in 2023 Rivian produced 57,000 vehicles and delivered 50,000, and they're just ramping up.

You might be reading GM's numbers: They wanted to produce 400,000 EVs by summer 2024 and had to reduce that to 300,000, and Ford had to cut F-150 Lightning production. But that could just be that fewer people want to buy GM and Ford, not fewer people want to buy EVs.

Based of my life experience I also wouldn't want to buy a GM or Ford EV; that's just asking for it to break down on you. Kind of like their regular cars.

Man, I get that you don't like EV's. That's cool, it's your choice. But you got any actual data to back this up, or is it just "nah, nah, nah, EVs are EVIL and will NEVER sell!"

After all, the most prolific EV company (Tesla) doesn't even HAVE dealerships, so there's probably not many of them sitting on those ghost lots. And the Cyber Truck, love it or hate it, has a waiting list.

My quick internet research indicates Tesla had sold 3 million cars as of October 2022, and through August of 2023, sold about 1 million more. 3 Million from 2008 to 2022, and then 1 Million in the first 8 months of 2023; that's not exactly a downward trend.

And in 2023 Rivian produced 57,000 vehicles and delivered 50,000, and they're just ramping up.

You might be reading GM's numbers: They wanted to produce 400,000 EVs by summer 2024 and had to reduce that to 300,000, and Ford had to cut F-150 Lightning production. But that could just be that fewer people want to buy GM and Ford, not fewer people want to buy EVs.

Based of my life experience I also wouldn't want to buy a GM or Ford EV; that's just asking for it to break down on you. Kind of like their regular cars.
Again, the numbers are vehicles sold to dealers.

You need to show the number of vehicles that were purchased by and titled to individual consumers.

As much as I want to join the naysayers, I’m afraid to commit.

Had my previous predictions been accurate, we’d have:
No computers
No cell phone
Plenty of $400 Colt pythons
Parole in 2029
Free water

Back
Top Bottom