• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

EVs are NOT America's future!

THIS IS FAKE NEWS
Let's make sure we understand the problem: People only want a TE$LA.

I brought some receipts. Here are the stats: https://backlinko.com/tesla-stats

TESLA models beats everyone else by model count. If you add up all the models for TESLA below and then compare to the other manufacturers...there is no comparison. Im sorry if FORD and GM doesnt sell. It doesnt mean it's a dying product or a sympton of a much uglier problem

1710906977490.png

1710907060680.png

1710907103445.png

GM goes out of the way to make the chevy volt look...stupid
FORD EVs are terrible performance, looks decent on some models and FUGLY on others
MERCEDES EV are awesome but nobody wants to pay $120k for one

THIS IS FAKE NEWS
Let's make sure we understand the problem: People only want a TE$LA.

I brought some receipts. Here are the stats: https://backlinko.com/tesla-stats

TESLA models beats everyone else by model count. If you add up all the models for TESLA below and then compare to the other manufacturers...there is no comparison. Im sorry if FORD and GM doesnt sell. It doesnt mean it's a dying product or a sympton of a much uglier problem

View attachment 7029114

View attachment 7029115

View attachment 7029116

GM goes out of the way to make the chevy volt look...stupid
FORD EVs are terrible performance, looks decent on some models and FUGLY on others
MERCEDES EV are awesome but nobody wants to pay $120k for one
Looks like Tesla sales were flat in 2023. Probably start down in 2024.
Your point was what?

Nobody cares about any of your opinions. Especially the market. EV's are the future.
EVs might eventually be the future. In the meantime, when they don’t make sense, governments will subsidize and push them to remain in development. I’m not buying one but I recognize decision-makers don’t care about my opinions. In 30 years it might be the only thing on the road whether that makes sense or not.

Your point was what?
Wrong. See that little star next to 2023. It means you have to read the note (should have learned this in high school)

2023 on the graph is missing an entire quarter of the year.
View attachment 7029516
Missing data for Q4, and also lets take in to account that likely ALL industries are slowing down due to high interest rates due to the current economy and inflation. Spending is just slowing down in general. I'd buy a Tesla, if I could justify having to finance a $70k truck at 9%APR for 5 years. But I couldn't do that with any ICE vehicle either which would be the same price. So I'm just sitting tight for a bit.

We’ve been considering a RAV4 for years but she loves her Venza. Probably go RAV4 after she hits 500,000 miles? maybe lol?
Have you seen the Rav4 plug in hybrid "Prime"?
Drive it around town (42 mile EV range) for almost free, total tank 600 miles.
Kind of pricey, but not as pricey as most EV's.

My wife won't give up her VW ID.4 for one yet, she LOVES that thing, so we will just keep renting cars (or fly) for really long trips.
So far... 3- BMW I-3's - 1 VW ID.4 - 2 Tesla Model 3 Performance's
Me? I like the Model 3 Performance, here is my second Model 3.
Red Tesla (1).JPG
Red Tesla (3).JPG

Your point was what?

My Point to the OP is Sales of EV isnt slumping. Just those EV's that nobody wants. EV buyers are TESLA buyers. Dont buy into FAKE NEWS. Biden didnt even invite TESLA to the EV summit. Gave Billions to close the shortage in Pension funding for the Union central plans to buy union votes in Michigan.

Keep in mind, TESLA also shut down during 2023 to retool their factory (AKA expansion), to accomodate the CyberTruck production. It's going to be a great year for TESLA.

I know it's really hard to accept. But dont make the same mistake as those at the turn of the century:
1) Blacksmiths
2) Buggy whip makers
3) Horsebreeders
4) Street cleaners

What Tesla is doing is what Auto industry (horseless carriage) did in the early 1900's for horse drawn buggy.

Dodge is doing it right. A real 2-dr Charger with both ICE and EV options in typical Doge style... ridiculously overpowered.

I’m not against EV’s at all. I don’t believe in the binary argument of EV or ICE. I believe both can and should coexist. I’d like to have one of each in a perfect world. Just that being so rural where I live, there’s no infrastructure to support an EV for my needs…and I’m no beta tester so I’d wait for the battery technology to improve massively…which I think it will in the next 5 years or so.

Having said that, the cybertruck is a hard pass. That thing looks like an abomination. 🤮 I’d prefer a ICE truck and a mid size EV sedan or SUV for my needs.

You are 100% correct in that it's not one or the other.

For a huge number of people who drive ICE cars back and forth to work and such, EVs make a lot of sense.

For folks in rural areas that drive trucks, EVs don't really work at all.

For folks in-between those cases it's a toss-up.

If .gov would just stop pushing EVs down everyone's throat and do a few simple things like standardizing the charging infrastructure we'd probably be seeing a lot more EV use and people who need ICE vehicles wouldn't be feeling like they are getting railroaded (they are).

My wife has had an EV for the last 8-9 years. Right now, she has a 2019 Nissian Leaf, one of the crappier EVs. She commuted from the burbs into Atlanta for many years with it. It is awesome and they are the future.

I drive a diesel truck. EVs can't replace that and may not be able to for a while. They can do the job of most cars though.
A great example of what I was saying above.

Love the Rock N Roll synchronized light show mode. Ready for Sweet Home Alabama Karaoke

If you love music: The Cybertruck has 15 speakers, including two subwoofers and distributed amplifiers, that provide recording studio sound dynamics. Tesla also offers Premium Connectivity as a monthly subscription for $9.99 plus tax or an annual subscription for $99 plus tax. Premium Connectivity includes music streaming, video streaming, and Caraoke. Some features, like Caraoke and video streaming, are not supported on all vehicles.

Back
Top Bottom