• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

EVs are NOT America's future!

If I had the money I wouldn't hesitate to buy one. American made truck by a great American company. Can outrun a Porsche while towing a Porsche. Looks like robocop. What's not to love.
Lol...exactly.
1710860085255.png

1710860129199.png

I’m not against EV’s at all. I don’t believe in the binary argument of EV or ICE. I believe both can and should coexist. I’d like to have one of each in a perfect world. Just that being so rural where I live, there’s no infrastructure to support an EV for my needs…and I’m no beta tester so I’d wait for the battery technology to improve massively…which I think it will in the next 5 years or so.

Having said that, the cybertruck is a hard pass. That thing looks like an abomination. 🤮 I’d prefer a ICE truck and a mid size EV sedan or SUV for my needs.

My wife has had an EV for the last 8-9 years. Right now, she has a 2019 Nissian Leaf, one of the crappier EVs. She commuted from the burbs into Atlanta for many years with it. It is awesome and they are the future.

I drive a diesel truck. EVs can't replace that and may not be able to for a while. They can do the job of most cars though.

I'd say anything without a computer is safe. Old school carbed. But if it's got a computer it's not safe. Sorry to burst your bubble. There have been cases of vehicles in the year range you've mentioned being remotely shut down by hackers, finance companies, the dealership, etc. If it's got a computer it can be done. Even much easier on vehicles with built in GPS, WiFi, etc.

Now, chances are slim of course that somebody would want to target a regular Joe, but yes it is possible.
I talked to a cybersecurity expert a while back and his statement was that virtually every vehicle produced after 2014 was hackable. Between gps/satellite radio/wifi/bluetooth tech installed and modern cars drive-by-wire tech, a hacker could in theory control everything from transmission to throttle to steering to braking. He said the chance was slim but still possible.

Back
Top Bottom