• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

DH rule comes to the National League

rbstern

Hen of Fame Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
115   0
Reaction score
As a kid the 1970s, in NJ, was a rabid Mets fan. It went hand-in-hand with my Little League career. Baseball was a staple of my life. Took an awful ribbing from the majority of neighborhood kids, who were Yankees fans. Didn't care.

By the 1980s, college and my first job, I only followed the game distantly. Living in Boston. I was poor and it was cheap to take a date to Fenway, so went to some games. But never cared for American League baseball. Thought the DH rule killed a lot of the game's subtle beauty.

Came to Georgia in the early 1990s. Hadn't watched much baseball in the previous decade. The Mets and Braves were no longer in the same division, so it made it easy to get swept up in my neighbors' excitement about the up and coming Braves. Enjoyed baseball again for the next 20 years. When Bobby Cox and Chipper retired, I was ready for a break. The game was getting longer and longer, and a busy life didn't allow me 3 hours to sit and watch games anymore.

I was thinking about getting back into it last year. Then MLB moved the All Star game over political nonsense that had nothing to do with reality, and was turned off again. But the Braves turned in a Cinderella performance, and I watch the playoffs, found myself wanting to watch again.

And then MLB players went on strike. And settled the strike. Part of the settlement? DH has now come to the National League.

I'm out again.

Anybody enthused about the DH rule in the National League?

NL getting a DH is terrible.

My problems with baseball are that I don't like the way the style of play is changing and I don't like that going to games is becoming so expensive.

Back
Top Bottom