• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Define "Lowball"

I low ball all the time. People low ball me all the time as well. The only time I don't low ball is when I really want your item. I want so many things on here that if I didn't low ball I would be living on the streets. Granted, with cool guns.
lol

Lower ball should never offend someone. If you take an offer personally then don't sell the item as you are to emotionally attached.

I grew up in a pawn shop and love the negotiations back and forth. I don't get offended easily in life and that doesn't change while I am in here.

A lowball offer is a starting point for negotiations.

When I worked in the estate liquidation business I used a clean out crew headed up by a man named Sam. Sam used to have a yard sale about twice a year and he would sell items that he cleaned out of the Estates that the sales crew were unable to sell to antique dealers or other customers. I love going to his sales because when somebody would lowball his already rock-bottom prices he would pick the item up say a crystal vase or Bowl and just drop it onto the pavement and tell the low baller now you can have it for $0.50.
hahaha Awesome!

some lowballer offered two stippled glocks plus cash from me for my mini gun. Kinda on the edge of lowball

www.virtualsimulationsystems.com_www_images_stories_VSS_minigun_Minigun3_.jpg

When I worked in the estate liquidation business I used a clean out crew headed up by a man named Sam. Sam used to have a yard sale about twice a year and he would sell items that he cleaned out of the Estates that the sales crew were unable to sell to antique dealers or other customers. I love going to his sales because when somebody would lowball his already rock-bottom prices he would pick the item up say a crystal vase or Bowl and just drop it onto the pavement and tell the low baller now you can have it for $0.50.

that's hilarious

With so many listings at full retail (and then some), how can you NOT lowball?
Ignore morons who think USED means APPRECIATED instead of DEpreciated. It really is a damn shame we can't post "Dumbass!" in sale threads.

When the offer truly pisses you off, it's a lowball. I had a gun I was looking to trade towards something I REALLY wanted a few years back. I took it to Gables in Newnan. They offered me **** for the gun. Then I took it to AR Bunker and the offer was worse. I never darkened either of their doors again. Gables went out of business and I laughed. AR Bunker got robbed and...well it pisses me off whenever ANY gun store gets robbed but at least it was them and not a GOOD place.

I too the same gun to Southern Shooters and got a fair offer on it. Then as a last stop I stopped by Pawn Express in Lagrange. There I got the best offer and made the deal. I have been buying guns, silver, gold, tools, DVD's, Jewelry for my wife, knives, more guns and a ton of other items that caught my eye when I was there looking at guns, silver, gold..... ever since. By not trying to **** me, they EARNED my repeat business and I will ALWAYS be grateful and loyal to them because of it.

Now on here, there is really not that kind of buying/selling relationship. Still, an insulting lowball offer will get you ignored forever. Stop being a greedy ****.

And that goes for sellers as well as buyers.

Back
Top Bottom