• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Define "Lowball"

I PERSONALLY wouldn't offer less than maybe 20% of asking if I thought it was over priced and was something I really wanted. Beyond that and I assume me and the seller are just too far off to waste each other's time. I'm always amazed when someone tells me they bought something used for half of the what the buyer was asking. I get some enjoy "the game" on boths sides of the equation, I don't. But I don't get offended fi someone offers me something I consider too low of a price even though I generally list what I think is fair and hold firm. I do get annoyed when they lie however.
Let's say my firm listing price is $500.
Playa: "$350 is the absolute most I can pay, but I really like it."
Me: "No thanks."
Playa: "OK, $400 is really the top dollar but I'll need to move a few things around."
Me. "No thanks, I'm firm on price, it's fair."
Playa: "OK, $436.17 but I'll have to stop by the plasma bank on the way, can you meet me there? I may be too woozie to drive afterwards."
As you go up in value say a 8000 dollar barrett 82a1 and you offer 6000 dollars. I'm sure you can see my point.

Or a 35000 dollar MP5SD at 20 percent less. Yeah OK. We are all adults here (for the most part) so you know what you are doing and what is fair or not. If you are purposely lowballing then you are an ass.

what kills me is the "whats you're bottom dollar?" GTFOH
I did that once (for a boat, that I didn't really want since it was a little bigger than I was looking for). I was absolutely stunned at what the guy came back with. Couldn't get the money out of my wallet fast enough.

When you make me a offer way lower than I would take. I will come back and tell you that will make a very good down payment, when would you like to deal.

Back
Top Bottom