• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Lowballing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lowballing has gotten out of hand! Today’s lowballers are relentless. Am I the only one who feels this way? If I was selling used bowling pins and had 500, I could see asking for a volume discount. But to have the only one of a particular gun or judging by pictures alone, the very nicest of a high end offering and get hammered for a 30% price reduction is out of hand.
If youre going to flip guns, go buy out some pawnshop or better yet, cherry pick their nicest gun in the store and lowball them face to face.
I don't flip ....... just poors ............

*No your not the only one.

There’s a new breed of idiots trying to figure out how they can get something Hiiiiiiiiiigh Dollar for next to nothing.

Respectfully Chris

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
WOW ........ if you are not looking for a better price on any said item ..... Me thinks you not telling the truth

After being in sales (especially cars) no offer is an insult to me…. it’s simply a starting point in negotiations….

Another thing with a "lowball" offer, it is a pretty good indicator of either how much knowledge the potential buyer has of the item or how badly they want to own it…. I could offer to sell a new car to someone for $500 under what it cost to get it to the store from the factory and if the person doesn’t really care about having it, that is STILL not a "good deal"…. (a good deal is all a state of mind)….

Suggestion for listing/posting something for sale…. put up good quality pics…. don’t just hold a gun in your had and take one blurry pic to accompany the post…. also, build "value" in what you are selling with a good (and accurate) description of the item….

It’s mostly in the presentation…. just like when you sit down with a menu at a good restaurant…. a lot of people order their food based on the pictured presentation of that dish on the menu…. you gotta make the potential buyer drool a bit

There's nothing better than getting paid to look out the window....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Damn. Just say “No”. It’s not worth getting all worked up over.

1705611466811.jpeg

Lowballing has gotten out of hand! Today’s lowballers are relentless. Am I the only one who feels this way? If I was selling used bowling pins and had 500, I could see asking for a volume discount. But to have the only one of a particular gun or judging by pictures alone, the very nicest of a high end offering and get hammered for a 30% price reduction is out of hand.
If youre going to flip guns, go buy out some pawnshop or better yet, cherry pick their nicest gun in the store and lowball them face to face.
I’d rather just lowball you 😂 less work than going to the pawn shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom