• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Lowballing

Status
Not open for further replies.
*No your not the only one.

There’s a new breed of idiots trying to figure out how they can get something Hiiiiiiiiiigh Dollar for next to nothing.

Respectfully Chris

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Heh, this is nothing new. This has been going on as long as mankind has traded one item for another.

So you don’t mind it? I respect you and your response. I’m just tired of flippers lowball offers.
No, I don't mind it at all. People are people and everyone wants a deal. If I sell something, I don't care what they do with it. If they can make some money off of it so be it! Remember, You have the final say so. Life is too short to worry about the little things. Take their offer with a grain of salt.....

After being in sales (especially cars) no offer is an insult to me…. it’s simply a starting point in negotiations….

Another thing with a "lowball" offer, it is a pretty good indicator of either how much knowledge the potential buyer has of the item or how badly they want to own it…. I could offer to sell a new car to someone for $500 under what it cost to get it to the store from the factory and if the person doesn’t really care about having it, that is STILL not a "good deal"…. (a good deal is all a state of mind)….

Suggestion for listing/posting something for sale…. put up good quality pics…. don’t just hold a gun in your had and take one blurry pic to accompany the post…. also, build "value" in what you are selling with a good (and accurate) description of the item….

It’s mostly in the presentation…. just like when you sit down with a menu at a good restaurant…. a lot of people order their food based on the pictured presentation of that dish on the menu…. you gotta make the potential buyer drool a bit

There's nothing better than getting paid to look out the window....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
You put a lot into that response so I’m at least going to reply by saying Thank You. Therefore the person in your example is shopping in the wrong market. Again, Thank You

No, I don't mind it at all. People are people and everyone wants a deal. If I sell something, I don't care what they do with it. If they can make some money off of it so be it! Remember, You have the final say so. Life is too short to worry about the little things. Take their offer with a grain of salt.....
Your points are valid.

You put a lot into that response so I’m at least going to reply by saying Thank You. Therefore the person in your example is shopping in the wrong market. Again, Thank You

Yeah… on car lots, we used to get people we called “lot lizzards”…. they’d go from a VW diesel Rabbit to a GMC Sierra with a big engine…. never really settle on anything…. then make a ridiculous offer on something… makes one simply shake their head in disbelief…

But like I offered… something is only worth as bad as the next guy wants it…. so building value is the most important part of selling…. then there’s also those that will make a stupid offer based on your invitation…. I looked at a couple of your shotgun posts with the comment about lowball offers…. so it’s kinda like the WET PAINT sign…. someone is naturally going to touch it just to find out… LOL…. so if the guy thinks it might just irritate you, he will offer 50% of what you’re asking…. you might give some thought to removing that assertion…. just trying to give you something helpful….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom