• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Crotch rockets are back

Lane splitting is legal in California? That would explain a lot. Had it happen a BUNCH of times on the L.A. expressways last week. Two of them had to be doing well over 100. Heck, I was doing 80. I just thought they were being stupid. Even had a guy on an Ultra do it. Seems odd that the state with the most repressive gun laws in the U.S. has legal motorcycle lane splitting.

We always called the ignorant bike riders "Organ Donors". I don't ride a bike any more, but when I did I think I was more cautious and tried to avoid putting myself and others in danger. In my experience the ones that ride like idiots are just showing off and maybe didn't get enough hugs as a baby.......they are demanding attention. For the responsible bike riders I always cut them slack and don't tailgate and look closely before changing lanes or pulling into traffic. I have had two friends killed by people that ran a red light and they T-Boned the cars. One guy was only doing 35 MPH and it broke his neck. In general, don't be a vigilante against bike riders and do something stupid just because they are acting a fool. People with road rage in cars and trucks only act that way because they think they are protected......probably the same ones that would shoot someone in the back and claim they felt threatened. Try explaining that to the Judge.

I just wondered if you knew what a wompus cat was? Any clue?

You have to be a from the south too know, not a transplant.

i was born and raised and I still dont know what that is.:confused:

You have got to be kidding me... are you that much of a control freak that you feel these actions are necessary? Beside that, any attorney that passed the bar exam in this state will have you writing a huge check to that rider. At minimum it is reckless endangerment, and even if you are not arrested for a crime, it would be certainly foreseeable that bodily harm or death could result from your actions. So go ahead and hypothesize all you want, but you'll be singing a different tune if it ever happens.

Yes, crotch rocket riders can be douchebags sometimes. But if they slam into my car, they'll be the ones who die. I'll be pissed, but I won't be dead. I see gangs of hood rats on stretched bikes all the time booking ass. I'm always think "hey nice bike. But you won't have it for long if you keep that crap up".

see post 37... review my signature line... and then get back to me. A classic case of "I stopped at the first post that grinds my gears and didnt bother reading the rest."

:yo:

Last edited:
Some friends and I rode the Dragons Tail last Saturday on our Harley's. I love watching the sport bikes take the curves unless they are comming right at me. Nearly had one slide up under me. The wife didn't like it at all. What bothers me the most is when they pass me in my lane at least have the decency to to cross the yellow line when you pass. I noticed most of the sport riders were really
decked out in good riding gear and were protected as much as possible. Who ever you are and what ever you ride be safe and keep the skin off of the pavement

I am a biker, and I get just as pissed when I see irresponsible pricks riding on the shoulder or splitting lanes or riding wheelies down the interstate or weaving traffic like an ass.

Believe me, I've been tempted to "accidentally" open my door when sitting at a red light and I see that headlight riding the dotted line coming up beside me.

There's no excuse for riding like that. You make all of us look like a bunch of assholes when you ride like that out there. That's why people who don't ride hate motorcyclists - they assume we're all like that.

The way I look at it though: if you're gonna ride like that, then I just count you as a statistic. "There goes another one of those riders we hear about on the 6 o'clock news" is what I think when I see you pass by. Not because I'm jealous, but because I hope that you learn your lesson before you hurt someone else. If it takes steel rods in your legs, or a skin graft on your face, or rolling around in a wheelchair and eating through a tube for the rest of your life because of your ignorance, then good - lesson learned. But you better hope that you don't hurt me or anyone I know because of your ignorance.

I think it's funny that you would justify your illegal acts and threaten to assault someone who throws coffee on you when you're riding like a prick.

That makes at least 2 of us jeepinshep. I ride a Harley (Which has been nothing but reliable for over 40,000miles by the way for those who think they aren't!) and I can't stand "entitled" bikers. Parking on sidewalks, splitting lanes, screaming past people on the highway at 90+ etc...You're an idiot plain and simple. I'll keep my comments to myself at the time, but if you cause me a problem I'll give you more problem than you've ever had in your life!

Last edited:
I had a guy in a corvette try to run me over on 316 a year ago because I was lane splitting. He literaly tried to knock off my bike. So I passed him and stopped all traffic on 316 to beat his ass and he decided to call the 911 ON ME !!!! What an idiot...Luckily my 1000 was fast enought to get me out of trouble.

HERE IS SOME REAL LANE SPLITTING people..... FOGETABAOUDIT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iChPspk4zMk

I loved my bike but what I did not love is all the other drivers out there who were not used to Bikers being on the road. You can only ride a few months out of the year safely in KS and people do not look for bikers when driving and I have buried some acquaintances but no friends yet. For the most part drivers seem more aware of bikes down here than back home.

They guy that hit my mirror Sunday tried to avoid a women in a truck that he startled while splitting lanes and swerved too close to me, clipped my mirror, laid his bike underneath the truck but was lucky only to get a super bad case of road rash I think. He was unconscious when the ambulance came because he had no helmet on. Do i feel sorry for him, yeah but he needs to obey the laws like everyone else and I am fine with you on a bike. If you get hurt being dumb, well that is just hand of god hitting the backspace key instead of the delete key on you.

Back
Top Bottom