• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Crotch rockets are back

I said I do occasionally split a lane, pass on the shoulder, etc. So what. I could justify it by saying I only do it in order to pass someone who I think puts me more at risk on my motorcycle by driving like a donkey, but thats not necessary. I am an adult and am fine with taking the risk. Just like someone throwing something at me while Im riding by is an adult and can be held accountable for their actions.

Am I the only one that finds it ironic that the dude who you split the lane to pass, who has no regard for anyone else on the road, is the one who is more than likely considering spilling his hot coffee on you? I dont see why this is a bad thing.

Lost my side view passenger mirror to a tard on a bike on I-10 Sunday heading to beach. I got a new mirror for my Saturn and he got a free trip to the hospital on behalf of my mirror. My mirror was found and I re attached it that day but the truck next to me he hit had to have a nice Harley roadster removed from the rear axle and exhaust system. Officer was nice enough to remove the guys insurance card from his wallet and let me copy down the information before heading to Atlantic beach for some skim boarding.

I used to own a bike but sold it as I seemed to spend more time with friends in the hospital than riding it. I miss my GSX Katana 600 with billeted steel fairings and exhaust wraps but I would rather be alive and healthy than gimped. If you split lanes you take your life in your hands and your hands are not enough to stop the pavement from rushing up to you at 75+mph.

When I was out on the road...I saw a guy on a crotch rocket die. I was driving up 75/85 north at around 3am. I was driving 90mph (was in a rush to a customer) when I hear a vrrooooooooom. 2 bikes FLEW by me going at least 130-140mph. Well a very short time later one more comes going even faster!!! Well, he cut in front of me and did not see the car in the lane next to me.... his back tire hit the front of the car and he went flying into the wall. He hits the wall with such force that it bounces him back into the road where I then see him get ran over by a car. His limp body then tumbled into the cement wall. I called 911 who told me they already had tons of calls about it. It made me sick to my stomach knowing I watched him die. Ugh. Not worth it.

where are ya'll buying ya'll's radar guns to clock these speeds??? :pop2: live and let live....who cares how they drive...I am in no hurry and going to drink my coffee in the morning. Come up here where one flys off a mountain every other week. It becomes a norm.

and the harm resulted from an illegal act of the Plaintiff. If I rob a bank and someone shoots me... can I sue the person that shot me so long as they are not protected by soveriegn immunity (ie police officer)? Absolutely! its america! Will I win ... hell no.

We can throw back hypotheticals all day and test our knowledge of the law and general litigation and damages claim, punitives, torts, etc., but they are all irrelevant until it actually goes to court and a judgment is reached... appeal filed, GA court of appeals remands, reverses, or upholds, a petition to the GA Supreme court is files... and so on and so on.

You have got to be kidding me... are you that much of a control freak that you feel these actions are necessary? Beside that, any attorney that passed the bar exam in this state will have you writing a huge check to that rider. At minimum it is reckless endangerment, and even if you are not arrested for a crime, it would be certainly foreseeable that bodily harm or death could result from your actions. So go ahead and hypothesize all you want, but you'll be singing a different tune if it ever happens.

Yes, crotch rocket riders can be douchebags sometimes. But if they slam into my car, they'll be the ones who die. I'll be pissed, but I won't be dead. I see gangs of hood rats on stretched bikes all the time booking ass. I'm always think "hey nice bike. But you won't have it for long if you keep that crap up".

I would love to ride, but I know that I would be one of the idots,either I would end up dead or with no DL....I got passed by 2 the other day doing well over 150 on 575 N....I don,t wanna hear **** when they die. and oh yeah I'm the one who washes my winsheild when a bike is on my ass...

I would love to ride, but I know that I would be one of the idots,either I would end up dead or with no DL....I got passed by 2 the other day doing well over 150 on 575 N....I don,t wanna hear **** when they die. and oh yeah I'm the one who washes my winsheild when a bike is on my ass...

haha! Thank god for the rear window washing!

I have no problem with bikes who do stupid crap like lane splitting, they are the ones risking injury, death, or legal problems. I've seen the aftermath of several VERY bad bike accidents. It doesn't make me not want to ride but I don't want to in Atlanta.

Back
Top Bottom