• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Crotch rockets are back

I had the sport bike......rode it on the street for 1 year....in that year i had more near death experiences than i could recall....but i was also on a mission to top out my bike...with me on my 2007 suzuki gsxr 600 with exhaust and ecu i got it to 162 on i-20....eventually after living in midtown and tired of riding the downtown connector daily on my motorcycle and tired of being restricted by speed limits...i turned my bike into a track monster and rode track for a season...it's the only way or reason to ride a motorcycle imho. but that was cut short when my motorcycle was stolen, along with a **** load of other stuff in my place. I never bough another one, but might venture back to it one day...and yeah if i'm some old fart that doesnt enjoy performance and reliability and is looking for looots attention, i'll probably ride a hardley shaverson.

If I had a jeep with no doors or top and was sweating in the heat in traffic while a bike passed me by i'd think of how nice it would be to have a bike, don't think I would consider throwing things at the guy because of some misplaced jealousy. But thats just me, my glass is currently half full

I wouldn't trade my jeep for bike no matter what the conditions :D

Wow, I guess I opened a can of worms here. I did somewhat prove my contention that there is a lot of animosity between sport bikers and car drivers though. I can't figure out why many sport bikers think the law is optional for them and they have a God given right to ride on the public roads anyway they want. Oh well, I'll continue to ride my bike reasonably and drive my truck reasonably as I see no need to prove anything to anyone. IMHO, if you want to race - go to the track...

Last edited:
I am a biker, and I get just as pissed when I see irresponsible pricks riding on the shoulder or splitting lanes or riding wheelies down the interstate or weaving traffic like an ass.

Believe me, I've been tempted to "accidentally" open my door when sitting at a red light and I see that headlight riding the dotted line coming up beside me.

There's no excuse for riding like that. You make all of us look like a bunch of assholes when you ride like that out there. That's why people who don't ride hate motorcyclists - they assume we're all like that.

The way I look at it though: if you're gonna ride like that, then I just count you as a statistic. "There goes another one of those riders we hear about on the 6 o'clock news" is what I think when I see you pass by. Not because I'm jealous, but because I hope that you learn your lesson before you hurt someone else. If it takes steel rods in your legs, or a skin graft on your face, or rolling around in a wheelchair and eating through a tube for the rest of your life because of your ignorance, then good - lesson learned. But you better hope that you don't hurt me or anyone I know because of your ignorance.

I think it's funny that you would justify your illegal acts and threaten to assault someone who throws coffee on you when you're riding like a prick.

NGIB, I must have been just in front of you on I-95 Sunday b/c they passed me at the Sunbury exit like a scolded wompus cat and was still weaving in & out of traffic. I used to ride a 1983 650 Honda silver wing interstate.
They got off the next exit, thank God.

I think it's funny that you would justify your illegal acts and threaten to assault someone who throws coffee on you when you're riding like a prick.

Maybe you should go back and see that not one person as I recall agreed that lane splitting in Georgia was legal OR that they did it. I know for one I did not. But thanks for calling us a prick just the same, As for the coffee? its still a jacka$$ move in any case

In fact its pretty much the same thing as bikers keeping spark plugs or bolts in a pocket to drop on people that tailgate. One jerk does not enable another

Back
Top Bottom