• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Connecticut School Shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the Joker theater shooter.

I have a theory about this age group that may or may not have validity. We have an entire generation now of kids who have been on ritalin and other mood enhancing/psychotropic drugs since they were in kindergarten. Now they are in their twenties and it seems to me that some are bound to break a mental circuit eventually.

I recall reading that all the Columbine kids had been medicated from an early age as well. Combine that with an indoor life of video games and computers rather than playing ball and building tree forts, their view of reality is bound to get distorted to say the least.

On another note, the most horrific school killing occurred in 1927 in Lansing MI and no guns were involved. This deranged psycho took 44 lives along with his own after murdering his wife at home and burning down his own farm. Third largest massacre in our history behind 9-11 and OK City but it won't get a mention.
http://search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=A0oG...://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bath_School_disaster

ding ding ding winner winner chicken dinner someone needs to go after the doctors ,drug companys and game creators that get these kids and adults all jacked up too, but you won't hear anything about the role drugs and violent video games played in this

The deed was evil without a doubt, but the kid was sick, and his mother was disillusioned when she bought him guns. God didn't stop him, but a principal or teacher with a .45 would've had a chance. Blaming a sick person for doing something that they were basically enabled to do through poor parenting and bad laws isn't "evil."

Forcing his way into a locked school and killing even one innocent little child, much less 20 is evil. Allowing this to be excused as a sickness and the dead parents fault and blaming "bad laws" is a cop out.

Forcing his way into a locked school and killing even one innocent little child, much less 20 is evil. Allowing this to be excused as a sickness and the dead parents fault and blaming "bad laws" is a cop out.

No one is trying to manufacture an "excuse" for his actions. Sometimes applying supernatural concepts like "evil" to the actions of someone or something simplifies one's own reasoning instead of applying something more tangible, like "cause." If "bad laws" are a "cop out," maybe it's time to get a "cop in" schools. And, straw purchased firearms used in an assault, well..... a lot went wrong way before the "evil" deed and I don't think the devil made mommy buy him a bushmaster.

No one is trying to manufacture an "excuse" for his actions. Sometimes applying supernatural concepts like "evil" to the actions of someone or something simplifies one's own reasoning instead of applying something more tangible, like "cause." If "bad laws" are a "cop out," maybe it's time to get a "cop in" schools. And, straw purchased firearms used in an assault, well..... a lot went wrong way before the "evil" deed and I don't think the devil made mommy buy him a bushmaster.

I dont think she bought the rifle for him. It could have been hers. In high school here in clayton county we always had a police officer. Sometimes a few. I dont see it as a bad thing now.

I dont think she bought the rifle for him. It could have been hers. In high school here in clayton county we always had a police officer. Sometimes a few. I dont see it as a bad thing now.

We will find out. Even so, I'm surrounded by family and friends with whom I would trust my life, but your not getting the keys to the safe.

We will find out. Even so, I'm surrounded by family and friends with whom I would trust my life, but your not getting the keys to the safe.

same way. Nobody knows the code to my safe but me. I dont trust others even though I love my family. The code is hidden in my safety depost box so that if I croke... the girlfriend can do with them as she sees fit. Cause her name is on the trust for my guns, suppressors and SBR.

For once, just once, I wished the media would leave these people alone and let them grieve their loses. Even when they are asked to give these people privacy, they bother them anyways. It sickens me.

For once, just once, I wished the media would leave these people alone and let them grieve their loses. Even when they are asked to give these people privacy, they bother them anyways. It sickens me.

they do that way too much . Showing up at folks houses. No need for all that. The media does not do it cause they care...they do it for ratings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom