• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

School me on the Fn High Power 9mm (newer version)

The new one is high for sure but they did improve on trigger reset.
I have a few 1980’s browning hi powers and allthough I love them ,
but those triggers and especially those resets suck.

Question about the magazine. I've read they would fit the Brownings (don't know) I was considering picking up a couple. Do you know this from experience?

The new High Power's magazines aren't compatible with the old Hi Power.

If you're looking for old-model mags, and you haven't tried them, Mec-gar is the OEM you need to look at - and if the reason you were looking was for capacity, Mec-Gar make 17-round mags for the Hi Power.

Question about the magazine. I've read they would fit the Brownings (don't know) I was considering picking up a couple. Do you know this from experience?
I don't know about putting the new magazines in the BHP, but I doubt it would work. The cutout for the magazine catch looks different and the new High Power has a fatter grip, so the mag is likely fatter as well and might not fit the BHP.

The new High Power's magazines aren't compatible with the old Hi Power.

If you're looking for old-model mags, and you haven't tried them, Mec-gar is the OEM you need to look at - and if the reason you were looking was for capacity, Mec-Gar make 17-round mags for the Hi Power.
Thanks, didn't know this. Missed it somehow.

Thanks, didn't know this. Missed it somehow.

Mec-gar manufacture a lot of magazines for the gun manufacturers, and about 10 years ago, they redesigned their mag followers so that for many of the mags they offer, they can pack a few extra rounds in over and above the "standard" capacity mags the gun manufacturers offer.

They did this with the Beretta 92 years before Beretta offered the 17-round M9. I think you can get 19 or 20 rounds in their OEM mag without any greater length.

----- promotional post ends -----

Back
Top Bottom