1 chopped onion
1 pt. lima beans
6 ears of corn
1/2 lb. salt pork
Peeled potatoes
1 tsp. pepper
2 tsp. sugar
1 qt. sliced tomatoes

Cut squirrels into pieces. Add salt to water and set to boil. Then add onion, lima beans, corn, salt pork, potatoes, pepper and squirrel pieces. Cover and simmer 2 hours. Then add sugar and tomatoes. Simmer 1 hour longer.

I made this once came out good

LOL!!! I haven' had squirrel since I was 11 or 12.... I'll have to try this...Thx

Don't know about others here, but I know a lot of folks that have closely guarded family recipes that don't get shared. I've had a lot of different varieties of Brunswick stew, and there seems to be a very broad range of what constitutes it.

Don't know about others here, but I know a lot of folks that have closely guarded family recipes that don't get shared. I've had a lot of different varieties of Brunswick stew, and there seems to be a very broad range of what constitutes it.

Why is that? I want err body to eat good. I can understand a restaurants recipe, but home recipes? I don't think there is a demand for home recipes on the black market.

My dad's recipe. Been using it for years and I love it:

1 can creamed corn
1 can Shoepeg corn
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can diced potatoes
1 can rotel tomatoes
12 oz. chunk BBQ chicken (or you can you use some fresh chicken diced)
12 oz. shredded BBQ beef or pork tenderloin
1/2 stick butter
2 Tbs. Worchershire
Salt, garlic salt and pepper
Dash cayenne pepper

The longer is simmers, the better it tastes. Fresh pan of cornbread and there is dinner!!

Add some chicken broth, but this is a solid recipe. Cook it on a lump charcoal grill with no lid for best flavor

What I normally do is use the left over pulled pork from a boston butt. The better smoked the pork is The better the flavor. Slow smoke a Boston butt first. Once you have had your fill. Make it into stew

What I normally do is use the left over pulled pork from a boston butt. The better smoked the pork is The better the flavor. Slow smoke a Boston butt first. Once you have had your fill. Make it into stew

I plan on doing that this weekend, or maybe on new years if I am not hung over. Thanks for the recipe.

Back
Top Bottom