• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

BRKG 7/23: Shooting At Movie Theater in Lafayette, LA

I never leave home with out it. There are very few places I go without a weapon, such as the post office. Mostly, I avoid places that do not allow me to carry.

Same here
I dont even go to the post office. If I need something shipped, I do it online and have usps pick it up off my porch for free. If I need stamps or boxes, I order online and they will deliver for free.

While I know unrealistic, it would be so great if the shooter's name and picture were mentioned/posted as little as possible (preferably not at all).

My son has a shirt from Parish Ink. It's absolutely of the highest quality. I was overdue to order some stuff for myself and wife. I'll be doing that now.
http://klfy.com/2015/07/24/theater-shooting-victims-remembered-as-bright-talented/

two-victims-side-by-side.jpg

It would be very interesting to know how many there were carrying. I think a lot of people 'think' they would engage but flee instead out of instinct.
As mentioned, it's my home town and it's another one of those places were you think "this is the LAST place on earth something like that would happen". While probably a much higher percentage of gun owners there, I suspect not a very high percentage of gun carriers, at least not in a movie theater on Johnston Street on a Thursday night. :(
I was relieved I didn't recognize the names of the two victims but am just heart broken for their families and the city.
This.
If I can flee and live another day for my family, I will do so. If I can engage the shooter with a very high probability of success (shooter does not see me and he is less than 7 yards), I will do so. It all about timing and circumstances. My first priority is the safety of my family, then me, all others last. I believe in the sheep dog mentality (help others when ever possible). I also believe in "your failure to plan does not constitute an emergency for me." People know whats going on out there in the world. It is a dangerous place and should plan accordingly. If people choose to live their lives with their eyes covered in protectionist fairy tails then so be it.

Do you examples of where this type of shooting occurred somewhere other than a gun free zone?

I honestly don't know. My point was that (1) there are plenty of shootings in gun-free zones, and (2) there are still plenty of people that carry in gun-free zones. While I agree that they are useless, it's also useless to pretend an incident would not have occurred had it not been in a gun-free zone. People actually complying with gun-free zones as in the Chattanooga and Sandy Hook shootings certainly makes people more vulnerable.

Back
Top Bottom