• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

BRKG 7/23: Shooting At Movie Theater in Lafayette, LA

However, the base Marine Commander and at least one enlisted Marine (one of the dead) violated federal law and had personal weapons and employed them.

Police aren't talking, aren't taking credit for taking the dead tango and reports that those that died were charging the tango drawing fire away from an innocent group.

A decently trained man can accurately shoot about one round per second. A typical armed response takes a couple of seconds. They might shoot 3-5 but 3 armed men responding will typically end this one tango with repetition.

It appears two Marines disobeying "lawful" orders accomplished it. The details aren't being discussed as surely the coroners report is done by now. A Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request will likely be required as Marines disobeying lawful orders, arming themselves, preventing further bloodshed is NOT WHAT this administration wants the public or military to be aware of.

We the armed citizenry are the threat...
Just today my Company commander asked if any of us were armed.... I said "of course not Sir"

Just today my Company commander asked if any of us were armed.... I said "of course not Sir"

So it appears they are pushing to nip this in the bud. He just didn't ask this, I'm nearly certain he was directed to and the question should be why?

It's supports the story of Marines disobey "lawful" orders. Order MUST be maintained at any cost or sacrifice... It's always been about control.

The command knows.

So it appears they are pushing to nip this in the bud. He just didn't ask this, I'm nearly certain he was directed to and the question should be why?

It's supports the story of Marines disobey "lawful" orders. Order MUST be maintained at any cost or sacrifice... It's always been about control.
Take off the Tin Foil....

He knows that I'm way into guns. Have a gun calendar hanging and Recoil mags on the desk..

I'm the one who brought up the topic.

The two of us are able to talk about thing in a non officer/NCO relation ship.

Take off the Tin Foil....

He knows that I'm way into guns. Have a gun calendar hanging and Recoil mags on the desk..

I'm the one who brought up the topic.

The two of us are able to talk about thing in a non officer/NCO relation ship.

Ask what he thinks of the shooting. Commanders receive directives. Perhaps he is being intuitive, normal and expected. You many or many not be privy to the directive.

Enough time has elapsed for the senior command to know just what the **** happened and who did what.

Watch for "changes"...

I served long enough to know both sides (enlisted/officer).

Last edited:
Ask what he thinks of the shooting. Commanders receive directives. Perhaps he is being intuitive, normal and expected. You many or many not be privy to the directive.

Enough time has elapsed for the senior command to know just what the **** happened and who did what.

Watch for "changes"...

I served long enough to know both sides (enlisted/officer).
Senior command may know what happened but it surely hasn't gotten to the company level.

I know my commander would be more then happy if I had been one to disobey orders that in turn allowed him to go home to his wife and kids.

Senior command may know what happened but it surely hasn't gotten to the company level.

I know my commander would be more then happy if I had been one to disobey orders that in turn allowed him to go home to his wife and kids.

As many company commanders would to date.

The political B.S. gets deep enough that you need to pull out the wet weather boots. Good Commanders wring their hands at some of the insane directives shoved down their throats..

There will be a response. I'm just not sure how far the current command is willing to take it.

So far it's been wearing civvies, not speaking to the public and call 911 if you feel threatened by armed civilians protecting soft target recruiting centers, oh and filling out the "security form"

I think the SSRIs are a total red herring .... they are just implicated because they are often in use when you are talking about people with serious anxiety, paranoia etc already.
I took Zoloft for about two years about 10 years ago before an actual smart doctor realized that my OCD/anxiety was just caused by a B12 deficiency and fixed it with one shot of a vitamin monthly instead of drugs ... In my case I wasn't crazy or violent or anything I just had serious OCD and it made me worry about things too much .... These drugs don't make you angry and want to hurt people, at best they go the opposite and make you dispassionate about things and not dwell on the things that bother you .... not psycho. Being psycho makes you psycho :D
I think almost every nutjob shooter was on some kind of SSRI mess

Back
Top Bottom