• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

BRKG 7/23: Shooting At Movie Theater in Lafayette, LA

Has there been any connection made between the shooter and the victims? Was it really a random act of stupid?

I'm sure the professional protestors are disappointed that it was just an ol' whyte guy shooting little whyte girls...

I wish the media wouldn't lump the dead shooter in with the casualty figures. We don't do that in combat, and we shouldn't do it here, IMO.

I expected this thread to be in the boiler room. I may get scolded for this.

Here is a story from 2013 that didn't get any coverage from the "national media"

http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnew...an-antonio-theater-shooting-the-media-ignored

If you dont want to read the whole story this one paragraph pretty well sums it up. I added the bold text.

"But the national media ignored this story, even though the shooting occurred just two days after the Newtown shooting. It wasn't just a case that (thankfully) no one was killed in the San Antonio incident. Very likely, no one was killed because of the timely intervention of the armed off-duty officer. (well trained armed citizen) If the media were honestly looking for solutions to gun violence, they should have jumped on the San Antonio to show the difference a good person with a gun can make. But they didn't, apparently because it does not fit the narrative that the mainstream media promote — that is, that guns cause violence rather than prevent it."

http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/sanantonio.asp

Last edited:
Has there been any connection made between the shooter and the victims? Was it really a random act of stupid?
Random act of stupidity.

"For some reason, he landed in Lafayette, a city of about 120,000 people 60 miles west of Baton Rouge and about 500 miles from Phenix City. Besides an uncle who'd died about 35 years ago, Houser, 59, didn't have any known connection to the city, much less the people in The Grand 16 theater who became -- simply because they'd gone out hoping for a happy escape -- his unwitting victims"

He had a domestic abuse charge and arson charge and was denied a carried permit in Alabama. There was no doubt he was crazy. Every time one of these happens I get more and more infuriated by what happened after Sandy Hook. There was ONE bill introduced that might have actually done something besides the long list of introduced idiotic gun grabber lunacy. It was a bill, introduced by Republicans and with support of the NRA to try and get funding to help the mentally ill. It was of course blocked by the left.

Back
Top Bottom