• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

BRKG 7/23: Shooting At Movie Theater in Lafayette, LA

Like I said ... they were nut jobs to begin with .... that's how they ended up on SSRIs ... I would be willing to bet that it's more likely that they stopped taking the meds and that (putting my tin foil hat back on) combined with someone purposely pushing them caused this.

I think almost every nutjob shooter was on some kind of SSRI mess

Is this story breaking news that the weapon used was a Hi-Point?
http://www.hngn.com/articles/112958/20150727/jena-meaux-took-bullet-save-friend-well-others.htm

It was to have been a normal evening out when Jena Meaux, a librarian at Jeanerette High School, and her friend Ali Martin, an English teacher at the same school, went to watch "Trainwreck" at the Grand Theatre 16 in Lafayette, Tenn. But the actions of 59-year-old James Russell "Rusty" Houser made sure that the evening was anything but "normal." Houser used a highpoint .40 caliber semiautomatic pistol handgun to methodically open fire inside the Grand Theatre, killing killed two and injuring nine.

ATF Form 4473 Have you ever been adjudicated mentally defective (which includes a determination by a court, board, commission, or other lawful authority that you are a danger to yourself or to others or are incompetent to manage your own affairs) OR have you ever been committed to a mental institution?

So much for that. :rolleyes: I have to be honest, I never really thought about that question much but apparently it's the "honor system"?

ATF Form 4473 Have you ever been adjudicated mentally defective (which includes a determination by a court, board, commission, or other lawful authority that you are a danger to yourself or to others or are incompetent to manage your own affairs) OR have you ever been committed to a mental institution?

So much for that. :rolleyes: I have to be honest, I never really thought about that question much but apparently it's the "honor system"?
Only mental institution i was in was public school

Ever since the theater shooter's picture was published in the paper, I've had the feeling that I should know him; but the name just didn't ring any bells for me. I made the connection today while playing golf with a neighbor. Our subdivision has a public golf course included in the property. It seems as if the shooter was a regular golfer here. Everyone except me seemed to know him by name. I'm sure I must have passed him on the course many times. Guess that's why I knew the face; but not the name.

So let me get this straight... he hated liberals, women, gays, blacks, politicians, the media, and the state of America. So in response, he drives two states away, stops in a random town, goes to a movie and shoots 9 people, murdering two young straight, white people. In 2008, a Georgia judge ordered him detained for a mental evaluation after relatives claimed he was a danger to himself and others. But the judge said she didn't have him involuntarily committed and of course, he passed the infamous background check.
I see. DEFINITELY the gun's fault.

http://enews.earthlink.net/article/top?guid=20160113/00eb30fc-ce77-4050-ad2d-136ce68323df

Back
Top Bottom