• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

BRKG 7/23: Shooting At Movie Theater in Lafayette, LA

Why do the gun free zones matter if everyone says they carry anyway? Doesn't that negate the gun free zone argument, at least in the theater situation? The recruiting center is different of course.

shooter: John Russell Houser, drifter from Alabama!
Are his eyes looking in different directions? Maybe just a little bit.
bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com_waaytv.com_content_tncms_a3d1dc1abe331057ba55665e04c936ce.png

Why do the gun free zones matter if everyone says they carry anyway? Doesn't that negate the gun free zone argument, at least in the theater situation? The recruiting center is different of course.
It would be very interesting to know how many there were carrying. I think a lot of people 'think' they would engage but flee instead out of instinct.
As mentioned, it's my home town and it's another one of those places were you think "this is the LAST place on earth something like that would happen". While probably a much higher percentage of gun owners there, I suspect not a very high percentage of gun carriers, at least not in a movie theater on Johnston Street on a Thursday night. :(
I was relieved I didn't recognize the names of the two victims but am just heart broken for their families and the city.

It would be very interesting to know how many there were carrying. I think a lot of people 'think' they would engage but flee instead out of instinct.
As mentioned, it's my home town and it's another one of those places were you think "this is the LAST place on earth something like that would happen". While probably a much higher percentage of gun owners there, I suspect not a very high percentage of gun carriers, at least not in a movie theater on Johnston Street on a Thursday night. :(
I was relieved I didn't recognize the names of the two victims but am just heart broken for their families and the city.
Totally agree with the Large percentage of firearm owners, the whole state hunts and Fish, its a sportman's paradise after all. Most of the folks I know down there are not CC types. But that's my experience.

I was really just playing devils advocate. Would more have been carrying if it wasn't a gun free zone? Unlikely. The argument seems to imply that these things don't happen in non gun free zones.

I was really just playing devils advocate. Would more have been carrying if it wasn't a gun free zone? Unlikely. The argument seems to imply that these things don't happen in non gun free zones.

The point is that "gun free zones" are totally ineffective at deterring or preventing crime, gun-related or otherwise.

Do you examples of where this type of shooting occurred somewhere other than a gun free zone?

Back
Top Bottom