• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Boring Thanksgiving dinner.

yep need cornbread dressing instead of stuffing
Deviled Eggs
Sweet potato casserole
since ya smoking also might as well get a boston butt and smoke it as well adds a lil something diff to the day and ya can turn the rest to Bar B Q for the week after

yep need cornbread dressing instead of stuffing
Deviled Eggs
Sweet potato casserole
since ya smoking also might as well get a boston butt and smoke it as well adds a lil something diff to the day and ya can turn the rest to Bar B Q for the week after
The person from Rome is wise beyond his years (whatever they are).... :cool:

Yep, will be making my famous deer chili with the secret ingredient 1-(beer).... Gotta add a can of chunky pasta sauce as well.
Wife likes to set out some big tortilla chips, pour the chili over them and lace the whole tray with white Queso......of course chase it all down with Leinenkugels Orange shandy beer.

mother in law always brings a bean casserole.....and her boyfriend brings a plethora of different hot sauces for he and I to try on our chili and plus it gives us an excuse to drink more beer.

Gotta make homemade dinner rolls.
I usually have a honey glazed ham along with the turkey.

Tons of mashed potatoes and turkey gravy.

Pumpin Pie is great but I'm a sucker for keylime myself.

One Christmas I made a deer steak salad and it was a big hit.

I like to have a pan of Carmelized onions and garlic to dress my turkey with.

Don't forget bacon......it goes good with everything on the menu...crispy bacon chunks instead of bits.....oh yeah baby.

I don't care much for stuffing either....how about a cornbread cake with chunks of real corn and bacon mixed in.
Tater salad is always good but don't kill it with celery or olives....I hate that crap!

Okay I'm getting too hungry now.....someone stop me.

Last edited:
Add oysters to your dressing for a great flavor boost.

Saute the giblets, (liver, heart and gizzard) in real butter. Serve as an appetizer with havarti cheese cubes.

Back
Top Bottom