• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Boring Thanksgiving dinner.

Start the day off with a cold beer. OK.. heck I get tired of turkey, hell I really don't even like it that much. I prefer a good ham. For fixin's lets see.. I like potato salad, maybe some roasted potatoes, green bean casserole, sweet potato soufflé ,Apple cobbler, lemon cheesecake, special brownies. mmmmm :smokin:

Yeah I set my oven at 420

Mac and cheese is a must for us. Not your normal Mac, it involves Velveeta, blue cheese, Havarti and several others but man if you like cheese it's awesome! Usually do a Green been casserole and squash casserole and I'm frying the turkey this year...might roast a leg of lamb too!

I will be adding my grilled cole slaw this year. Want to try it?

Grilled Cole Slaw

1 Head Green Cabbage, Cored

½ Cup White Vinegar

½ Cup Brown Sugar

2 Tablespoons Olive Oil

1 Tablespoon Cracked Black Pepper ( or more to taste )

1 cap of Lemon Juice

¼ cup of Worcestershire sauce

Salt to taste

Wisk all this together in a mixing bowl to remove lumps from Brown sugar

Cut the head of Cabbage into 6 wedges brush lightly with olive oil and place on the grill. Cook the Cabbage wedges on each of the 3 sides for 2 minutes per side. Remove from grill and shred. Poor mixture of ingredients over shredded cabbage and toss until all is covered. Eat and enjoy.

I cannot stand cole slaw but that looks good. I might put that one on the list.

Mac and cheese is a must for us. Not your normal Mac, it involves Velveeta, blue cheese, Havarti and several others but man if you like cheese it's awesome! Usually do a Green been casserole and squash casserole and I'm frying the turkey this year...might roast a leg of lamb too!
you got a recipe for that?

In for recipe!

My kids and I were sort of tired of the same old routine as well. My daughter suggested a low country boil. We all said "hell yeah".

lowcountryboil.jpg

Back
Top Bottom