• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

BATFE Moving To Ban M855 Ammo

Hell, I went by AO for ***** and giggles and they were selling 20rd boxes of 55gr Federal for $12-14/box. The 1000rd case of 62gr was $449.99(which isn't too bad) but I'm not paying $0.50 for plinking/blastig ammo

Saw that Saturday... although the stuff they were selling for that price was the 'grey tip' varmint round with a polymer tip. Much better ammo than green-tip or standard 193. SGA also has it for about $450/1000.

Saw that Saturday... although the stuff they were selling for that price was the 'grey tip' varmint round with a polymer tip. Much better ammo than green-tip or standard 193. SGA also has it for about $450/1000.
Thats a nasty round, and great for the price. I keep a mag loaded with it for general defense/ yotes and dogs. I bought up a lot when PSA had it for about $0.30 a round

Last edited:
Not saying it couldn't happen but I dont see how it could outside of a straight up EO. This proposal is catching flack from EVERYBODY. Citizens, congress, COPS! Its catching a lot of heat. I haven't seen too many supporters of it thats for sure.

Hopefully it doesn't go through but I'm not sure that it requires congressional approval.

Hopefully it doesn't go through but I'm not sure that it requires congressional approval.

No I'm not saying that it does require approval but not having majority approval on the hill isn't not a good thing when you are the President and you have a lot of other issues you have to deal with, more important issues and you're going to need the support of your Congress. The ball is really in the ATF's court. They can choose to pass it through but the fallout from this wont be good for them. Theres already a bill propose to eliminate them. So are they going to continue to make noise or are they going to keep quiet and sit this one out?

No I'm not saying that it does require approval but not having majority approval on the hill isn't not a good thing when you are the President and you have a lot of other issues you have to deal with, more important issues and you're going to need the support of your Congress. The ball is really in the ATF's court. They can choose to pass it through but the fallout from this wont be good for them. Theres already a bill propose to eliminate them. So are they going to continue to make noise or are they going to keep quiet and sit this one out?

Yeah, who knows? People are just more confident than me that it won't happen because some people in Congress have signed a letter.

Clinton got a BJ in the Oval Office and was impeached. Obama used IRS targeting, signed off to sell weapons to Mexican drug cartels, attacks the 2nd Amendent at what seems a quarterly basis, forced the American people to buy Health Care they didn't want and divided a nation by claiming if he had a son, he would look like Trayvon....off topic, but HTF is he still in office?

Back
Top Bottom