• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What, if anything, has happened to all these "banned" companies?

I'm just sitting here trying to figure out why Doritos would make that bonehead move right after Budlight went through it. I know people don't think they're helping when they boycott these brands, but they ARE. Budlight lost billions of dollars from that fiasco in lost sales and stock prices. Doritos will probably take a hit too even though they already dropped the freakshow.... So it works.

Look into hyperrealism, and cultural normalization. Watch that video i posted

Oh no not billion of dollars. Thats a slap on the wrist for these titans. People still gobble up their garbage products because americans are addicted to consumption of brand
I agree, but billions of dollars is more than a slap on the wrist. That's the investors money we're talking about. And investors, especially majority share holders, don't like losing their money. Budlight and Doritos didn't cut ties with these trannys because of the public backlash. They cut ties because the majority shareholders were about to bend the executives making the bad decisions over with no lube. But yeah, otherwise completely agree and you're right, American's will continue to consume. Honestly I'm guilty of it too, not with Budlight or Doritos, but other brands...

I don’t do it for them. I do it for me. It’s my money and I feel better spending it with the few companies out there that I can find that actually make something I want. Often I just have to bite the bullet and buy what’s available even if it is a woke, made in China liberal bunch that benefits. But then I get to bitch and moan about it and drive my family crazy by having to listen to it.
Other than avoiding companies that support/embrace this ridiculous "wokeism", and trying to buy MADE IN USA products (which is NOT easy), I made the decision years ago that I would NOT patronize ANY business that didn't provide acceptable service, if the staff they hire (whether it be a tire shop, a restaurant, a supply house, automotive dealership, etc., etc.) don't care about my business, I go elsewhere. I know that it doesn't make a big impact on them, but this is my money and I get to choose where I spend it and who I spend it with. With such an increase in pricing across the board, you would think that businesses would double-down on the customer service but it's quite the opposite. It really pisses me off when I go to a restaurant, go to pay the bill, and the tip options start at 25% or 30%, the tip should be commensurate with the service. I commonly leave a 40% or 50% tip to a 70 year old lady at the Waffle House because they hustle but I won't leave a 25% tip to the 20 something that couldn't even be bothered to refill our drinks.

Rant over...

Other than avoiding companies that support/embrace this ridiculous "wokeism", and trying to buy MADE IN USA products (which is NOT easy), I made the decision years ago that I would NOT patronize ANY business that didn't provide acceptable service, if the staff they hire (whether it be a tire shop, a restaurant, a supply house, automotive dealership, etc., etc.) don't care about my business, I go elsewhere. I know that it doesn't make a big impact on them, but this is my money and I get to choose where I spend it and who I spend it with. With such an increase in pricing across the board, you would think that businesses would double-down on the customer service but it's quite the opposite. It really pisses me off when I go to a restaurant, go to pay the bill, and the tip options start at 25% or 30%, the tip should be commensurate with the service. I commonly leave a 40% or 50% tip to a 70 year old lady at the Waffle House because they hustle but I won't leave a 25% tip to the 20 something that couldn't even be bothered to refill our drinks.

Rant over...
I feel ya. It's getting harder and harder to find any businesses that fit that these days. Good service is becoming a thing of the past, and more and more businesses are selling out.

I'm very selective about where I spend my money and always have been (I'm cheap) and I very much make it a point to avoid as much as possible businesses that promote ideologies that are diametrically opposed to my own beliefs.
That being said I'm hardly the target consumer base for most of these companies and they sure aren't going to miss my few measly dollars plus you can't boycott something you never used in the first place like AB products and Levi's.

Back
Top Bottom