• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

BATFE Moving To Ban M855 Ammo

both equally unlikely

I dont think so and heres why:

Bill to prevent ammunition bans will ensure protection for hunters favorite calibers. We all know that hunters have the biggest pull when it comes to gun rights. The last thing that will get touched with be the shotgun and the deer rifles. I can't say for sure but most people on the hill are hunters. I say this because a lot them realized that a ban on common 5.56 ammo would open the door for their favorite hunting caliber to be banned as well.

National reciprocity will be hard to pass because it would force states like NJ, NY, CA, and other anti-gun states to allow concealed carry. It will face great opposition. Not only from them but from the pro-2A crowd as well. National reciprocity means having a license. The very fact that you have to have a license to exercise a right doesn't sit too well with people. In order for national reciprocity you'd have to have standardize training and testing. Thats an awful lot to get done vs just drafting up a bill and having people sign it to protect your ammo.

I dont think so and heres why:

Bill to prevent ammunition bans will ensure protection for hunters favorite calibers. We all know that hunters have the biggest pull when it comes to gun rights. The last thing that will get touched with be the shotgun and the deer rifles. I can't say for sure but most people on the hill are hunters. I say this because a lot them realized that a ban on common 5.56 ammo would open the door for their favorite hunting caliber to be banned as well.

National reciprocity will be hard to pass because it would force states like NJ, NY, CA, and other anti-gun states to allow concealed carry. It will face great opposition. Not only from them but from the pro-2A crowd as well. National reciprocity means having a license. The very fact that you have to have a license to exercise a right doesn't sit too well with people. In order for national reciprocity you'd have to have standardize training and testing. Thats an awful lot to get done vs just drafting up a bill and having people sign it to protect your ammo.

Meh...my statement stands

You also thought they were gonna push the ban through. You dont have to be so pessimistic. :lol:

It would be naive to think they still can't.

I'd hardly call it pessimism...more like realism. If the find even the slightest opening "they" will exploit it.

but if "I told ya so" is what busts your nuts feel free

Read technical all rifle ammo had capabilities to be AP. 300 win mag will put a hurting on steel plate.

Could be against law to neck down a 308?

9mm tcm next on the chopping block?

Ban one and the all go

Back
Top Bottom