• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

BATFE Moving To Ban M855 Ammo

So my question is, why are people selling "pre ban" ammo at "post ban" pricing:confused:

Just trying to take advantage of the panic and playing (preying) on people's fears that they won't be able to get ANY 5.56 ammo. This is a great example of how panic can trump reasoning and intelligence: People are buying somewhat mediocre ammo for the same price as premium ammo. Another point is that people are spending nearly twice as much for mediocre 62gr when they could be buying 55gr. I could see if 62gr was the best ammo out and its worth it to stock up on if you really think its going to be banned but thats not even the case.

Just trying to take advantage of the panic and playing (preying) on people's fears that they won't be able to get ANY 5.56 ammo. This is a great example of how panic can trump reasoning and intelligence: People are buying somewhat mediocre ammo for the same price as premium ammo. Another point is that people are spending nearly twice as much for mediocre 62gr when they could be buying 55gr. I could see if 62gr was the best ammo out and its worth it to stock up on if you really think its going to be banned but thats not even the case.
Exactly! If I'm paying $0.60+/rd, I'm buying match ammo thats 10x better than just plinking ammo

Hell, I went by AO for ***** and giggles and they were selling 20rd boxes of 55gr Federal for $12-14/box. The 1000rd case of 62gr was $449.99(which isn't too bad) but I'm not paying $0.50 for plinking/blastig ammo

Negative. Has nothing to do with people wanting to take advantage of one another and everything to do with people buying the crap out of it. Higher demand equals higher price.

Back
Top Bottom