• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AR Help Barrel question Please help!!!

Just so far away well I took of the muz brake and the group tightened up a little ran out of daylight but tell me if you think the bullets "key holed" the target
tapatalk.imageshack.com_v2_14_10_08_ab091bd6a95b18a27afe53075851838d.jpg

Are those 1" rings? That's awful man. I'm on the way home from a date night with the Mrs. Will check back in a little while after we get home.

I am wondering about the ammo and the twist rate of the DPMS that you are using as your benchmark.

1 in 9 verses 1 in 8 is not alot of difference, but i would at least try some heavier bullets.

Also, check the fired cases for signs of stretching.

Most of all, I would put the scope back on the gun it came from and verify that it is still holding zero.

Good Luck

Last edited:
tapatalk.imageshack.com_v2_14_10_08_17aaeab49f29784293ef29c3f60d7694.jpg

Scope in the middle it does good usually 1" or so at 100

Are you using that riser on the new upper? That may be the issue, as it could cause run out on the scope adjustments. When you hit the end of the adjustment range, the scope won't hold zero. I had the same thing happen a few years ago on a bolt gun with 2-piece mounts. The person that mounted the scope didn't set up the windage correctly on the rear mount. Scope ran out of adjustment and caused the zero to jump all over the place. This is why I asked about the scope mount earlier.

Back
Top Bottom