• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AR Help Barrel question Please help!!!

OP, I'd take this offer. He has quality tools and extensive AR build experience. No worries about FFL requirement as it appears he will be doing out of good faith and no charge.

you will get some good build critiques as well in regards to your assembly quality.

I don't need the lower, so no worries there.

I may take this route but would like to com in person so I can see whats wrong and how to fix it

PM sent. With a pregnant wife, a soon to be 5 year old and a full time day job, in-person will be difficult, if not impossible. Diagnosis will require a couple of days for inspection and test fire, plus I'll have to coordinate a place to shoot outdoors locally. My regular spot is 1.5 hours away and I try not to shoot down there after deer season starts.

Not to take anything away from Mtdawg; he's a fine upstanding individual and more than capable of taking care of you. However, if your timing and schedule don't work out, I may be able to work something for you. The only constraint I have is our range is only 25yds long. Still, if they're not in one hole at that distance, something's wrong. There is a 100yd indoor range (GA Gun Club) right up the street you could go to and confirm what we potentially find. I'm also another 1.5 hrs north of Mtdawg. Still, I'm willing to help if you guys can't get schedules sync'd.

Not to take anything away from Mtdawg; he's a fine upstanding individual and more than capable of taking care of you. However, if your timing and schedule don't work out, I may be able to work something for you. The only constraint I have is our range is only 25yds long. Still, if they're not in one hole at that distance, something's wrong. There is a 100yd indoor range (GA Gun Club) right up the street you could go to and confirm what we potentially find. I'm also another 1.5 hrs north of Mtdawg. Still, I'm willing to help if you guys can't get schedules sync'd.

Either way, we'll get him squared away if he can't figure it out. It's just difficult for me to squeeze in time for a project like this. I can get it done in a couple of days, but which days next week are hard for me to nail down.

Just so far away well I took of the muz brake and the group tightened up a little ran out of daylight but tell me if you think the bullets "key holed" the target
tapatalk.imageshack.com_v2_14_10_08_ab091bd6a95b18a27afe53075851838d.jpg

Three of them def dont look "normal". I wouldn't say a complete keyhole, but the round def didn't look stable going down range. Did you check the rifling for any visual defects?

Back
Top Bottom