• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AR Help Barrel question Please help!!!

The reason for my sugestion to put the scope back on the DPMS was to shoot the gun you know shot well, with the same ammo, with the same scope, ect, ect was to make sure the guts to your scope have not failed. The reticle might be moving around.

If the DPMS still shoots good, then you know it is not a scope issue.

OK. Check to see if the barrel has any movement and if it's solid, you've pretty much narrowed it down to the scope and mount. Last resort, is sending it back to the manufacturer if the scope isn't at fault.

Only got out to 25 yds just testing function with new scope its much better

After you ruled out most of the likely possibilities, optic seemed almost the must be problem. Glad it's better. Hopefully you can get out to the 100yd range and give some feedback. I am hoping the problem is gone and you don't have an out spec barrel/muzzle.

Let me tell you the story of my last build and 6 to 8 inch "group". I built one back in July with parts bought from everywhere. The barrel was one bought from Apex Gun Parts and was a "military take off". After building the gun, I could not get it zeroed. I changed scopes twice and finally bought a set of back up sights and still could not zero the thing

I finally discovered the problem when I ran a "Bore Snake" down the barrel and the thing snagged on something and came out shredded!! I had never thought of checking the bore until the bore snake. I had been using a rod and brush for cleaning and never thought of a thing. The bore snake found a burr right where the gas port was drilled that I could not see when looking down the barrel. I sent the barrel back to Apex and put a DPMS barrel on, problem went away.

I wrote all of this to say the same thing someone else said earlier, check for burrs!!

Back
Top Bottom