• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AR-15 won't extract UPDATE: Fixed

I had one doing this and I put a 10 cent O ring over the extractor spring and boom problem solved never had an issue after that. Go to the depot and get #60 O rings in a 10 pack and if need be PM me and I will shoot you a # and talk you through it. Takes less than a minute to do.

I had one doing this and I put a 10 cent O ring over the extractor spring and boom problem solved never had an issue after that. Go to the depot and get #60 O rings in a 10 pack and if need be PM me and I will shoot you a # and talk you through it. Takes less than a minute to do.

while this is a fix, its not the best way to do it. there is something causing his issue and he needs to find out what it is. If the o ring fixes it, he may need a stronger extractor spring with the proper color insert. the oring fix is more of a band-aid to the problem

while this is a fix, its not the best way to do it. there is something causing his issue and he needs to find out what it is. If the o ring fixes it, he may need a stronger extractor spring with the proper color insert. the oring fix is more of a band-aid to the problem

Mine was simply the spring was not stout enough and this helped the spring out.

And if it works you will know all he needs to do is get you a new extractor spring.

Last edited:

Yep, and people pay Fulton Armory and many others way too much for the same thing. If the gas system is choked up and extractor weak there are problems. But... Aft examining the pics he posted there is an even darker ailment I'm afraid. Whomever assembled it had HUA.

^this^

Or, take pass and I up on an invite to swing by the shop. I absolutely HATE when these happen, fodder for the Frankin-rifle threads. If it is what I suspect, fix is free on me.

It's not just fodder; it's a cautionary tale. Not every guy who buys from a wannabe gunsmith is going to have someone like you to fix it.

I still say take it back to the guy who sold it to you for a new rifle/ refund or give him negative feedback.

And if it works you will know all he needs to do is get you a new extractor spring.
this is true it is a good test. if it has the blue insert that could be an issue too. Again I recommend taking it back and making the seller fix it, however if your inclined to buy parts not finding the root cause here you go.
Also did you find out the barrel/extension issue too?
img.photobucket.com_albums_v503_AR15forme_Extractor_20Springs_BCM_2.jpg

I do agree take it back but if he try's this at least he can give him an idea what is wrong instead of the guy having it sit on his bench going yep looked at it can't see nothing wrong?!?!?!

Back
Top Bottom