• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AR-15 won't extract UPDATE: Fixed

I bought the rifle from someone that i would call an assembler. But he puts out alot of guns. I'll give him a chance to make it right before i say who.

Gas seems to be leaking from around the gas key. Is there an actual seal like a gasket or something or could the bolts just not be tight enough.

I kinda want to fix it myself because I want to build my next rifle from parts myself. Which is what I wanted to do but this rifle was cheaper than i could build one. I guess i'm finding out why.

Try a chamber brush spun at slow speeds attached to a drill to get the burr out. What kind os extractor spring is in there and does it have the o ring? you might try that.

What would be wrong with the gas block? Other than the holes are not lined up right? Then it seems like that would cause not enough gas to come thru the system. I would think that would cause short stroking. How is the gas block related to extraction issues?

This is my first AR, i'm just trying to learn. I like messing with them.

Also there is another issue. Someone put a Rifle barrel extension into an M4 receiver. Notice the nice little metal lip between the receiver and barrel feed ramp? That is a FTF situation in the making.

If you have time and are near cartersville shoot me a pm and i just bet you and I can git her runnin. Im always happy to help out a ODT brother.

eeeww. Just took time to look at your pics, this coming sat at 4pm there is a meet up in cartersville great tine to bring that and meet some good folks. Your new baby does need some attention, nice thing with ARs though no biggie dont fret you can do it and i know lots of folks to help guide the way.

It sounds like the gas block or the gas tube aren't lined up right is all ..... an easy test is to take the upper off, take the bolt out, make sure the barrel is clean/clear and stick an empty case in the chamber and hold your finger by the gas tube ... blow into the top of the barrel and see if you feel the air on your finger that is by the gas tube ...

Also there is another issue. Someone put a Rifle barrel extension into an M4 receiver. Notice the nice little metal lip between the receiver and barrel feed ramp? That is a FTF situation in the making.
That's what I was thinking when I seen the pics.

- - - Updated - - -

eeeww. Just took time to look at your pics, this coming sat at 4pm there is a meet up in cartersville great tine to bring that and meet some good folks. Your new baby does need some attention, nice thing with ARs though no biggie dont fret you can do it and i know lots of folks to help guide the way.
Great group of guys with a ton of knowledge that can help you!!!

Back
Top Bottom