• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AR-15 won't extract UPDATE: Fixed

This is the email I sent him his morning......

Hello,

I called you last week about the gun I bought not extracting. I cleaned and lubed everything and it is still not extracting. I posed a question in an online forum with pictures and it seems it could be multiple problems. Whether it is the extractor spring, barrel chamber, gas system, buffer, or combo of any of those. Also, it was noticed that I have a rifle barrel extension on a M4 profile receiver. This was said to lead to feeding issues. I looked on the listing for the gun I bought (basic 5.56 M4 with gas block) and it says it comes with a M4 barrel extension. So I don't know how I got the wrong one, but I would like that fixed as well. I will be going to Chattanooga on Saturday morning and I would like to drop the upper off to you then to fix the extraction problem, barrel extension, and the forward assist does not function properly.

Thank you for your time,

Ball is in his court now. It's all good if he makes it right......

I know I can fix it. I just don't want to have to pay for parts to fix a new gun. It's new, it should work. He sent me an email back saying to drop it off and they would fix it.

This is the email I sent him his morning......

Hello,

I called you last week about the gun I bought not extracting. I cleaned and lubed everything and it is still not extracting. I posed a question in an online forum with pictures and it seems it could be multiple problems. Whether it is the extractor spring, barrel chamber, gas system, buffer, or combo of any of those. Also, it was noticed that I have a rifle barrel extension on a M4 profile receiver. This was said to lead to feeding issues. I looked on the listing for the gun I bought (basic 5.56 M4 with gas block) and it says it comes with a M4 barrel extension. So I don't know how I got the wrong one, but I would like that fixed as well. I will be going to Chattanooga on Saturday morning and I would like to drop the upper off to you then to fix the extraction problem, barrel extension, and the forward assist does not function properly.

Thank you for your time,

Ball is in his court now. It's all good if he makes it right......

Parker, I don't mean to kick you while you're down, but this is a good lesson for us all. This is why we shouldn't do business with fly by night AR companies or let price be the sole determining factor for a purchase. You've got several issues going on that should never happen. IMHO, based on this gun alone, Sky Guns doesn't appear to know anything about how to properly build an AR. You've got a major issue with the gas system, it obviously wasn't test fired and the barrel extension is incorrect for the receiver they used. They probably don't even know the difference between an M4 and a rifle receiver. They should replace it with a properly assembled, functioning upper or refund your money.

ETA: I missed the part about the forward assist not working. WTF?

Sorry for your troubles man.

So for an update… I dropped the upper off last Saturday and he called me Sunday saying he could find anything out of the ordinary other than the bolt didn't drop easily into battery. It was somehow binding on the gas tube. New gas tube and the bolt moves as smooth as glass. However I went and shot it today and it extracted 0 out of 13 rounds.

The most frustrating thing is I can't replace these rounds I'm shooting right now. And I'm not enjoying shooting them bc the gun isn't working properly.

So where do I go from here? Replace the extractor? Heavier buffer? One of those extractor upgrade kits?

Back
Top Bottom