• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AR-15 won't extract UPDATE: Fixed

3rd and 4th pic looks like the extractor is not sitting correctly on the bolt 5th pic looks okay. Is there a lot of play in your extractor? Just a thought are you sure there is an extractor spring in there?

He said that if the bolt is closed and he pulls the charging handle back the brass extracts and it loads a new round ..... The gas block and gas tube are what feed the gas into the upper that blows the bolt back into the buffer tube. If the gas block or gas tube are misaligned and it doesn't blow any or enough gas down the tube, into the upper and against/into the gas key then there is no extraction and your ar15 becomes a single shot like he's describing.

What would be wrong with the gas block? Other than the holes are not lined up right? Then it seems like that would cause not enough gas to come thru the system. I would think that would cause short stroking. How is the gas block related to extraction issues?

This is my first AR, i'm just trying to learn. I like messing with them.

Exactly what my Coffin Arms upper did when I first fired it. I found that they had the gas tube pinned in the block upside down. 15 minute fix.

I'm seeing extractor marks on the case rim so it's grabbing, it just appears that its not holding which, to me, means the extractor spring is weak....or the weapon could be over gassed, or both.

And as others have mentioned, you need to address the feed ramp issues....somebody put an M4 ramped receiver around a nonM4 ramped barrel. That's going to cause feeding issues at some point.

The gas will blow the bolt back. And it blows it far enough to pick up a new round. It just slams that round into the spent case thats still in the chamber. So it vets enough gas to function....if it would spit out the fired round. That is why i was loading it one at a time. It was jammin the bullet 1/3 of the way down into the case. Ammo is too expensive to waste.

I wish could come saturday. I'm passing thru there that morning on the way to Chattanooga. I'll probably drop the upper off to be fixed on the way.

Back
Top Bottom