• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone else been burned by "Hogleg Smith"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'll spend more than $375 in legal fees if you take him to court. Chalk it up to "sometimes you're the hammer..." and move on.

Youve made your point.

dude i would DEMAND he pay for the damages. It would be a simple you can talk to me or a lawyer conversation
I agree. Someplace along the line this guy has to learn the lesson. He can do it right or pay the price. In this case I would demand new price of the gun and 100% of the money spent to both hogleg and Sig Sauer plus all shipping, and recovery costs.

In exchange I would hand him the jacked up weapon and not sue him. Offer him the carrot or the stick. He can solve your issue with cash right now or you will do everything in your power to destroy his business while this case winds through to court system.

Consider the following: (This is based upon a real customer having a problem with buying a lemon car at a dealership, By the way the customer got their car replaced)

Park a vehicle on the street directly in front of his business, or at the entrance to his parking lot, with a HUGE sign BEWARE TERRIBLE GUNSMITH!

Print up a poster and either put it in the window or attach it to the side of the vehicle so from a distance of 5 yards, anyone considering doing business could quickly become aware of the fact that for $375 dollars this gunsmith irreparably damaged a $250 frame and was not willing to make it right.

You can speak to an attorney and find out what you can sue him for and what damages you can ask for. But as long as your vehicle is not violating any local ordinances, he has no recourse about you parking your vehicle in a legal manner.

On his busy days, think about having someone wear a sandwich board. (Think about the kid spinning the we buy gold sign) on the side of the road. With a HUGE unethical gunsmith sign, and handing out flyers. Freedom of speech issue here. Don't litter, pick up any flyers that get on the ground.

How long do you think it would take before he decides to straighten this matter out?

When they feel the heat, they will see the light!

Good reviews, bad reviews, all cool. I get it.
However if a company or person damages another's property and then says "tough luck" that is enough to get them blacklisted.
I'm a repair manager for a living. You eat the cost and make things right or else you are out of business.
I wouldn't roll the dice on this clown. OP, you have handled better than most would have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom