• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone else been burned by "Hogleg Smith"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hdsailorman

Default rank <500 posts
Survivalist
66   0
Reaction score
Really hate to bad mouth anyone.... But I just had a really bad experience with this smith. Took an almost brand new Sig 938 SAS to him to have him install a new trigger, hammer spring and smooth out the action. Sounded like a simple gunsmith job to me.....He charged me twice what he had quoted....Got the Sig back, took it to the range...it chambered fine...fired fine....and reloaded fine....but the hammer did not cock. I had to manually cock it after each round! Took it back to him....days later he asks me "why do I think its not cocking"??? Seriously?! Went and picked up the gun....now it has the hammer...locked in cocked position! He said here is your gun and gave me my money back....
So now I have a Sig 938, which I really like, that thanks to this "gunsmith???" is nothing more than a very expensive, and attractive, paper weight! Sent it back to Sig today and will cost me $$$$ to get it fixed.
Can not believe someone could be this unprofessional....
Beware of this guy!

Thanks for the heads up...I've been thinking of taking him some trigger work. He restored a well used Browning rifle for me and did an amazing job but there were no mechanics involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom