• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone else been burned by "Hogleg Smith"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
:cold:Well played "OP" good for you! Hell knowing and using hogleg ill bet you he'll even give you your measley $105......
And the very next day the POS sig will be on here for $105:thumb:

For those folks following the saga...... I took the statement I received from Sig Sauer detailing the damage and repair costs to Hogleg today and he said to return the 938 to him, as is and he will replace it with a new one for me.
Cannot argue with that offer. I am still out the $105 to Sig plus all the hassle and running, etc......but
He appears to be doing the right thing and resolving the issue in a fair manner.
Will post the final swap when it happens.

All things considered this is a significantly better outcome for you than I expected. I'd eat the $105 and move on. I've had nothing but bad luck lately with gunsmiths. I would gladly pay $105 for a mulligan. A few times.

I'm in my Hell is other People mood.

Last edited:
"Hogleg", Neal Spruill has proven that he is not a bad person as many, who never met him, depicted him. I guess what troubled me the most was how vicious some of the attacks became and the ridicule that flowed, again by so many who knew nothing of Neal. He made a mistake. That only proves he is human like us. HDsailorman, you & I went at it a bit over this. Thank you for being a man & acknowledging that a resolution has come about. You could have just let this sit & continue to fester. I call Neal "Friend" and he will remain so.

My intention has never been to attack or ridicule "hogleg". As I stated earlier, personally, I like the fellow. But the experience I had was awful and I honestly felt folks should know. Imagine that you took a perfectly good running car to a mechanic, gave him a set of new plugs and distributor cap and he returns your car....not running. How would you handle that?
BS in my book.
I also did not appreciate you questioning my integrity when I simply trusted the guy.
If he follows through on his word I am moving on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom