• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone else been burned by "Hogleg Smith"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those folks following the saga...... I took the statement I received from Sig Sauer detailing the damage and repair costs to Hogleg today and he said to return the 938 to him, as is and he will replace it with a new one for me.
Cannot argue with that offer. I am still out the $105 to Sig plus all the hassle and running, etc......but
He appears to be doing the right thing and resolving the issue in a fair manner.
Will post the final swap when it happens.

For those folks following the saga...... I took the statement I received from Sig Sauer detailing the damage and repair costs to Hogleg today and he said to return the 938 to him, as is and he will replace it with a new one for me.
Cannot argue with that offer. I am still out the $105 to Sig plus all the hassle and running, etc......but
He appears to be doing the right thing and resolving the issue in a fair manner.
Will post the final swap when it happens.
Good for you, ask him for the $105 and politely suggest he not take in work that he is not capable of doing.

I appreciate the comments and agree with them. However, I am aware he has man hours involved and will take a loss between the resale of the "repaired at his expense" one and a new one....his mistake will cost him some $$ too so I can live with the $105 out of pocket and chalk it up to lessons learned.

I'll have to say after following this since the start, this is not the outcome I had expected. Certainly this thread has shed light on the limits of HL as a smith but if things work out as it looks like they are going to, he at least is a decent guy.

I appreciate the comments and agree with them. However, I am aware he has man hours involved and will take a loss between the resale of the "repaired at his expense" one and a new one....his mistake will cost him some $$ too so I can live with the $105 out of pocket and chalk it up to lessons learned.

You are a more forgiving man than I am.

I imagine Hogleg saw he his reputation taking a beating in here. Too bad it had to play out that way. Glad the OP is getting (mostly) made whole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom