• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone else been burned by "Hogleg Smith"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have know hog leg for many years. He has worked on many guns. He has always done great work for me. His personality is "unique" but from what I have found many gunsmiths have "unique" personalities. Hog leg is very ingrained in the western gun shooting culture. And specializes in that style gun. it surprises me to hear so many negative reviews because I know so many people who have had great experiences with him.

I've known Neil for several years. We belong to the same gun club. While he has not done any work for me, I have handled some Vaqueros that he did smith work on and can say without hesitation that the work was top notch. He can really make a Ruger single action sing.

Sounds like he has done good work for a lot of folks especially the "cowboy guns". It also sounds like a lot of folks have had a bad experience, myself included, trusting him with our firearms. As I mentioned earlier, I personally like the fellow, just don't like how he handled business with me.
It is up to the readers to decide if they want to use him or not...its that simple.
Appreciate all the comments here good or bad. Last I recall we still had free speech in the USA....hope to keep it that way as long as possible.

Just got the word from Sig Sauer gunsmith about the P938....Going to cost me $250 for a NEW FRAME.

Hogleg botched up the trigger pin and internals badly enough they cannot repair it. Gunsmith said the work done on it was a real "hack job"....his words.

I took Hogleg a brand new gun and now it will cost me over $375 just to get it back to the condition it was in when I took it to hogleg!!!

That is 2/3 of the cost of the gun new.....not to mention the extra parts he ruined and my time and gas traveling to his shop.

Now I am pissed....

You boys can play with Neal "hogleg" Spruell all you want....

You buddies of his can extol his "great" gunsmithing all you want...

HE IS A HACK AND SHOULD NOT BE TRUSTED WITH A QUALITY FIREARM. End of Story.

Just got the word from Sig Sauer gunsmith about the P938....Going to cost me $250 for a NEW FRAME.

Hogleg botched up the trigger pin and internals badly enough they cannot repair it. Gunsmith said the work done on it was a real "hack job"....his words.

I took Hogleg a brand new gun and now it will cost me over $375 just to get it back to the condition it was in when I took it to hogleg!!!

That is 2/3 of the cost of the gun new.....not to mention the extra parts he ruined and my time and gas traveling to his shop.

Now I am pissed....

You boys can play with Neal "hogleg" Spruell all you want....

You buddies of his can extol his "great" gunsmithing all you want...

HE IS A HACK AND SHOULD NOT BE TRUSTED WITH A QUALITY FIREARM. End of Story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom