• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone else been burned by "Hogleg Smith"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bad experience with Neil Spruill (Hogleg) as well. Gave him a second chance about a year later and had another bad experience. I have been using Dave's Gunsmithing in Cumming and nothing but positive things to say. I'm not hard to please, just want to get the work done correctly.

Nope, no way. I will never send anyone his way. Took a Ruger SRH there years ago for him to smooth up as well as a Savage to get a new front sight (was not an iron sighted rifle). He stated 6 weeks and I was fine with that. Called him at week seven and I was next up, week eight no answer. We played phone tag back and forth, at any rate when I finally reached him after 20+ weeks he said "why don't you just come get your guns out of here and take them elsewhere". Two simple jobs for a "pro" and there were untouched.

I took a old single action 357 to him once, the cylinder wasn't locking when the hammer was down but it would lock when it was cocked. he charged me a 125.00. got the gun home it was doing the same thing,took it back to him and he told me welcome to single action revolvers that is what it supposed to do. took it to a man in dawsonville he fixed the gun in five minutes.never charged me a dime. he said he never heard of hogleg smith. but said that gun would get somebody hurt or worse.i will never take anything to neil spurill again

Last edited:
I took a old single action 357 to him once, the cylinder wasn't locking when the hammer was down but it would lock when it was cocked. he charged me a 125.00. got the gun home it was doing the same thing,took it back to him and he told me welcome to single action revolvers that is what it supposed to do. took it to a man in dawsonville he fixed the gun in five minutes.never charged me a dime. he said he never heard of hogleg smith. but said that gun would get somebody hurt or worse.i will never take anything to neil spurill again
:shocked: Dang.... :tsk:

[QUOTE="GeauxLSU, post: 5457842, member: 27476"t
.... :tsk:[/QUOTE]
I second that "dang" Had a mechenic rebuild my transmission. I live on a hill and when I parked fluid leaked out the rear. Mechanic said they all do that when parked on a hill. His solution was to park it the other way. I wonder if hogleg was ever a mechanic?

[QUOTE="GeauxLSU, post: 5457842, member: 27476"t
.... :tsk:
I second that "dang" Had a mechenic rebuild my transmission. I live on a hill and when I parked fluid leaked out the rear. Mechanic said they all do that when parked on a hill. His solution was to park it the other way. I wonder if hogleg was ever a mechanic?[/QUOTE]

Must have been Hogleg's little brother Goatleg. Had a sister named Shakaleg and another brother Breakaleg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom