• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

americas enemy

60155815.jpg

I 100% would love to see this.

I've long believed that we need a movement to restore the constitution to primacy in the US and begin rolling back the layers and layers of legislation that have sullied and obfuscated it. Lawyers make such poor leaders. They are always rationalizing and hedging. Restore the daily life decisions back to the states as before Lincoln and return the federal government to the role of protector and infrequent arbitrator rather than overlord. Then people can make their own lives as they choose by voting at the state level to make9or remove) laws and if their fellow state citizens disagree in number then they can relocate to a state more conducive to their beliefs. An overlord federal government removes the vital ability of people to live free by homogenizing the states under one massive set of laws.

We're already in a war. It hasn't turned into all out violent chaos, but we are in a constant battle amongst our own people and outside forces pulling strings as well. America is the jackpot and the stakes are high. It is amazing how things have developed into a state of such uncertainty and division that we are talking about it seriously. In such a short time much has happened. There has always been division and disagreement but not like now. There is something brewing just beneath the surface of many, many Americans and it isn't a pleasant something. I'm paying attention, and I see horrible times in the not so distant future if we don't change course. I fear it is already too late. There is so much division and more to come. I'm not a conspiracy kind of guy, or a fear monger, etc...Just a regular dude that hears people talking a lot about war these days, and not in some foreign land. It has never been like this in America, not since 1860, and even then at least we knew and understood that it was somewhat a family quarrel. The soldiers were humble and showed respect to each other in most cases. What is happening today doesn't feel like a family quarrel. It feels like good vs evil on a very real level.

The only way to eliminate the wealth gap is to make us all equally poor.

When government gets in the business of picking winners and loses we are all losers.

The problem is not that there are rich and poor people. The problem is that that gap has become larger than it ever has in the history of the world. It's the golden rule. Whoever has the gold makes the rules. We don't want to live in an aristocracy, but that's where we are headed.

I think if we take away the cronyism, the rest will fall into place through free market. What we can't do is allow avenues for rich folk to bypass laws that hold everyone else down.

Well again...how do you do that without regulating how much a person can own or without redistribution of the current assets held by "the few"?

I'm just tying to understand how more regulation by the very entity that created the problem will fix it.

Well again...how do you do that without regulating how much a person can own or without redistribution of the current assets held by "the few"?

I'm just tying to understand how more regulation by the very entity that created the problem will fix it.

I'm not for more regulation, I'm for smart and fair regulation. Most of the regulations we have now are for stifling competition and creating bureaucracy.

Let's take a look at this. We currently have a system that punishes success (taxation, regulation, etc) and rewards failure (welfare). Is it any wonder why we have a wealth gap?

How about instead we get the government out of the way and stop stifling success and entrapping the poor in their poverty. Then their won't be a need for corporations to "buy off" politicians to deal with stupid regulations that were no business of the federal governments to begin with.
The fair tax would be very helpful as well, but it would also be the greatest transfer of power from the govt to the people in history and the truly greedy (the ones in power) will never allow that.

Back
Top Bottom