• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

americas enemy

you are putting qualifiers on it now in regards to ethics

not saying ethics are devoid, but this is more basic than that, if you are hungry, you eat, if you are thirsty, you dirnk.

if a corporation will exploit a legality imposed by a gov to make money, they will

The problem is that corporations are paying politicians to create these legalities that they exploit hence crony capitalism.

I agree, BUT.... There are too many laws and regs that favor the super rich. Just look at fractional reserve banking. If you loaned out 10x more money than you actually have and charged interest on it, you would be in prison.

We have so many laws and so many of them are gerrymandered(I'm sure there is a more appropriate term but it escapes me at the moment) in such insane ways that finding loopholes(which is the nature of self-interest - aka greed) is just a matter of hiring enough lawyers. What is called for is SIMPLER laws with clearer language and the elimination for lawyers from legislation. Then a simple right/wrong paradigm could be codified and no amount of wealth could buy or bypass the law. Thus when people amass fortunes it would be less a question of ethics and integrity and more indication of ingenuity and effort.

You are getting angry and willing to kill someone for a position that wasn't stated? I've never been for redistribution of wealth. That's not the answer. The system we have that allows the very VERY few to accumulate that much wealth is the problem.

The very few have accumulated their wealth through capitalism. Most of the big names started out like you and I and we're nowhere near wealthy enough to take advantage of cronyism...

I like the idea of free market, but there is one problem. Men with money want more money and men with power want more power. Greed can and has been detrimental to capitalism.

That's human nature. The only way to curb it is to set limits on how much one person can own. I don't want a world in which the govt regulates how much money I can have

We have so many laws and so many of them are gerrymandered(I'm sure there is a more appropriate term but it escapes me at the moment) in such insane ways that finding loopholes(which is the nature of self-interest - aka greed) is just a matter of hiring enough lawyers. What is called for is SIMPLER laws with clearer language and the elimination for lawyers from legislation. Then a simple right/wrong paradigm could be codified and no amount of wealth could buy or bypass the law. Thus when people amass fortunes it would be less a question of ethics and integrity and more indication of ingenuity and effort.

I 100% would love to see this.

That's human nature. The only way to curb it is to set limits on how much one person can own. I don't want a world in which the govt regulates how much money I can have

I think if we take away the cronyism, the rest will fall into place through free market. What we can't do is allow avenues for rich folk to bypass laws that hold everyone else down.

The problem is that corporations are paying politicians to create these legalities that they exploit hence crony capitalism.

Let's take a look at this. We currently have a system that punishes success (taxation, regulation, etc) and rewards failure (welfare). Is it any wonder why we have a wealth gap?

How about instead we get the government out of the way and stop stifling success and entrapping the poor in their poverty. Then their won't be a need for corporations to "buy off" politicians to deal with stupid regulations that were no business of the federal governments to begin with.

Back
Top Bottom