• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

americas enemy

The fair tax would be very helpful as well, but it would also be the greatest transfer of power from the govt to the people in history and the truly greedy (the ones in power) will never allow that.

Taxes on wages are a scam to support government borrowing money from the FED. They were put in place to take from us and give to bankers. A fair tax would be zero on wages.

The problem is not that there are rich and poor people. The problem is that that gap has become larger than it ever has in the history of the world. It's the golden rule. Whoever has the gold makes the rules. We don't want to live in an aristocracy, but that's where we are headed.

I think the first thing to agree on is even if there IS a "wealth gap". Sure there are rich people and sure there are unscrupulous people and sure some rich people are unscrupulous but that's not an iron clad correlation. There are MORE unscrupulous people in politics IMO.

But the thing is, the left tells us how bad this wealth gap is but is it really?

500px-Class_US_svg.png

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_class_in_the_United_States

I think the first thing to agree on is even if there IS a "wealth gap". Sure there are rich people and sure there are unscrupulous people and sure some rich people are unscrupulous but that's not an iron clad correlation. There are MORE unscrupulous people in politics IMO.

But the thing is, the left tells us how bad this wealth gap is but is it really?

View attachment 387159

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_class_in_the_United_States

The problem with this chart is you are only seeing wages. How do politicians make 200k a year and end up 5-6 years later with millions in the bank? I'm purty good with math and I cant figure it out.

The problem with this chart is you are only seeing wages. How do politicians make 200k a year and end up 5-6 years later with millions in the bank? I'm purty good with math and I cant figure it out.

A(greed) ;)

Only STRICT term limits and absolute barriers to outside wealth with post-office limits on relationships with companies who lobby politicians can ever hope to scratch the surface of the corruption in politics and it's mistress business.

Most were previously rich anyway

Not necessarily true. The Clintons were just hayseed liberals before they struck gold in politics. Obama was the same. Hell, neither one of them ever worked a day in their lives in the private sector. They got ALL their money through or because of the government. Talk about a welfare program. DAMN!

A(greed) ;)

Only STRICT term limits and absolute barriers to outside wealth with post-office limits on relationships with companies who lobby politicians can ever hope to scratch the surface of the corruption in politics and it's mistress business.

Dammit! You are making me like you. I agree with your post and will add that lobbying should go away also. My idea is to elect people that don't want to be a politician. We should be putting small business owners, farmers, factory workers, and even teachers in office. Instead we elect greedy assholes that want money and power.

Not necessarily true. The Clintons were just hayseed liberals before they struck gold in politics. Obama was the same. Hell, neither one of them ever worked a day in their lives in the private sector. They got ALL their money through or because of the government. Talk about a welfare program. DAMN!

The Clintons did a lot of bad things in Arkansas. If any of us did those things, we would be in prison.

Back
Top Bottom