• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

All I wanted was some raggedy ass burritos...

Might not be the restaurant doing that because of Covid. I’ve seen several fast foods closing completely some day and only using the drive thru on some days. It’s mostly due to not having enough workers to staff the place enough to allow indoor dining. Until that free government money runs out it’s going to only get worse.

https://www.tacobell.com/news/april-24-hiring-parties
This. My stepson works at McDonald's. He gets called in most of his days off and they've had to close early a few times because there wasn't enough people to keep the drive-thru open. "Free money" is just too tempting for some people.

I'd rather get kicked in the balls than do self checkout. My average at the grocery store is 200ish and that's a pita on self checkout.
I worked at Ingles in high school. Back then customers didn't even have to get the items out of the buggy. You just pushed it up to the register, the cashier pulled the stuff out and rang it up. Then the bagger would bag it up and take it outside and load it into your car.

I worked at Ingles in high school. Back then customers didn't even have to get the items out of the buggy. You just pushed it up to the register, the cashier pulled the stuff out and rang it up. Then the bagger would bag it up and take it outside and load it into your car.
Yeah my first job was bagging at a BiLo in north Macon. I took damn near every customer's groceries to their cars. Made decent tips doing it too. All that is long gone. But on a positive note yesterday I had to take my daughter to her bass guitar lesson like every Friday. And there's a shop next to the music store loading ammo. Kinda high but they have ammo. Anyway I stopped at Little Cesar's and picked up 2 large pepperoni pizzas which was only about $13.00 for both. So this kid was back there busting ass since it was right at lunch time. He hands me the two pizzas and I handed him $4.00 I had in ones in my pocket and said " Hey this is for the cook. Keep up the good work." Granted it was only $4.00 but I would be willing to bet way more than that $4.00 that this kid had never gotten a tip before. So even though it's basically chump change I know he appreciated being appreciated if that makes any sense.
Oh and I almost forgot...I took one pizza to the music store since every time I go there the family that owns it is talking about not having time to get lunch. Took the other one next door to the ammo shop guys. I told them it was a cheap bribe since I know I'll be needing them sooner or later.

Yeah my first job was bagging at a BiLo in north Macon. I took damn near every customer's groceries to their cars. Made decent tips doing it too. All that is long gone. But on a positive note yesterday I had to take my daughter to her bass guitar lesson like every Friday. And there's a shop next to the music store loading ammo. Kinda high but they have ammo. Anyway I stopped at Little Cesar's and picked up 2 large pepperoni pizzas which was only about $13.00 for both. So this kid was back there busting ass since it was right at lunch time. He hands me the two pizzas and I handed him $4.00 I had in ones in my pocket and said " Hey this is for the cook. Keep up the good work." Granted it was only $4.00 but I would be willing to bet way more than that $4.00 that this kid had never gotten a tip before. So even though it's basically chump change I know he appreciated being appreciated if that makes any sense.
Oh and I almost forgot...I took one pizza to the music store since every time I go there the family that owns it is talking about not having time to get lunch. Took the other one next door to the ammo shop guys. I told them it was a cheap bribe since I know I'll be needing them sooner or later.
Good man

Food City here in E TN does that. Roll your cart up and wait at the credit card machine.

We went to Krystal Friday afternoon. I needed to pee so my wife dropped me at the door and went on to the drive-thru. Door locked. When we got to the window wa asked, what's up with locked doors. She said no staff, normaly we would have 6-8 people this time of day, today it's just 2 of us, me and 1 cook. Tipped her the $4 some change from our order.

https://wgxa.tv/news/local/you-cant...t-local-businesses-struggle-to-find-employees

I work at a restaurant and the doors are closed if there are 4 employees or less for that shift. We simply can not keep up with volume of having the inside open with that many people on the clock. What's the point of being able to come in if the wait would be 20+ mins and the restaurant lobby is a mess with all available hands are making or taking orders? It's not as simple as "call someone in" we are stretched out thin at it is and to be well staffed would require all employees to have 50+ hour work weeks which is a hard no for most of them plus the overtime that would kill our bottom line. Hiring is a disaster right now. There were literally 2 applicants this past month, 1 who showed up high and 15 min late to the interview. This is coming from a restaurant that pays more than the minimum wage to be more competitive than the rest. Don't blame the business, blame covid and the government. At one point we had people stop coming in because they could make as much as they did at work of off unemployment.

Back
Top Bottom